2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Melissa2 _ RSS

Documentation for Complex Models

Melissa2 _

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has been sucessful at efficiently documenting very complex models that include large lookup tables and many summaries and calculated fields?   I have tried exporting the model information into excel, but that takes too long to reformat.  My models have become corrupt in the past and I have had to rekey them which takes way too long.  I am trying to come up with a standardized documentation procedure that is in electronic format that can be copied and pasted into monarch if the need arises.  (A few times my lookup tables seem to become corrupt.  The input value switches with the output value for some reason.)  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Melissa

• Documentation for Complex Models
          RalphB _

Melissa,

Have you tried to make a backup copy of those models and save them under a different name or in a different location?  To me, that is the simplest.  That way if the original model gets corrupted or damaged, you can just copy and paste or re-name your backup copy to where it needs to be.

Ralph

• Documentation for Complex Models
            Melissa2 _

Ralph,

Yes I do and that has worked many times.  I guess that I am trying to streamline the process of documentation, while keeping the benefit of not having to rekey if there is a problem. It would be nice if Monarch had a automatic backup feature for projects and models that could be turned on and off by the user.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Melissa