2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

EOF Character in Text Export - Remove?

gr8times _

Help...I am combining two text files into one and sorting the combined list using Monarch v6.01 Pro.  When I export the table or summary to a fixed width text file (.txt) I get an EOF character at the end...it looks like a box character in notepad.exe.  In order for it to work in my other software that processes this newly created text file it cannot have this EOF character.  Is there a way to tell Monarch not to add it to the end?

If not does anyone know how to get a DOS batch file to delete it instead?

Thanks,

Scott

• EOF Character in Text Export - Remove?
          gr8times _

I figured out how to eliminate the EOF character from the end of the new text file in a Windows script. Anyone know if it is possible within Monarch?

Thanks,

Scott

• EOF Character in Text Export - Remove?
            Grant Perkins

Never worked anything out as far as I recall. May have tried to use MSRP once or twice but generally it was easier to to use the next process.

Mostly the onwards processes I have been involved with were run on Unix systems via a script and the easiest solution was simply to write a line in the script that deleted the last line of the report. Perhaps a check to make sure that it was pretty much the line expected as well sometimes!!

If there is a hidden parameter somewhere which coould be said to be reliable is would be good to know.

Grant

Originally posted by gr8times:

I figured out how to eliminate the EOF character from the end of the new text file in a Windows script. Anyone know if it is possible within Monarch?

Thanks,

Scott /b[/quote]