4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Monarch "Splash Screen"

Mark Huston

To open Excel without displaying Excel's "splash screen", I added the "/e" switch to the command line in the shortcut, i.e. "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeExcel.exe" /e.

The "/e" switch doesn't seem to work for Monarch. Wishful thinking, maybe, but is there a switch that can be added to the Monarch command line that will open Monarch without displaying Monarch's 4-second "splash screen"?

• Monarch "Splash Screen"
          Mike Urbonas

Mark, as soon as the Monarch splash screen appears, you can just hit Enter to make it go away without waiting.  This works for newer versions of Monarch (V6 for sure).

So there youhave yet another reason to upgrade!  

Nick Osdale-Popa

I have the Registry entry if Datawatch doesn't mind me posting it?

Mark Huston

Hey, Mike, I finally was able to wrangle an upgrade to Monarch Pro 6.0. I'm already using some of the new features, look forward to learning more. I didn't know you could hit "enter" to dismiss the screen, that's handy. But Nick, I would value the registry entry. I'll fax you a beer in exchange.

Gareth Horton

Mark et al

The SplashScreen setting is no state secret, you can find it in the help.

Here is the entry, for your enjoyment:

SplashScreen

This setting controls the display of the Monarch splash screen (also commonly referred to as the log-on screen).  By suppressing the display of the splash screen, Monarch loads slightly faster.

Location - Settings

Format - SplashScreen=0|1

0 = do not display splash screen

1 = display splash screen

Originally posted by Mark Huston:

To open Excel without displaying Excel's "splash screen", I added the "/e" switch to the command line in the shortcut, i.e. "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeExcel.exe" /e.

The "/e" switch doesn't seem to work for Monarch. Wishful thinking, maybe, but is there a switch that can be added to the Monarch command line that will open Monarch without displaying Monarch's 4-second "splash screen"? /b[/quote]