3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Gary Raymond RSS

Excel Named Range not showing up

Gary Raymond

Because of duplicate key data in joining to an Excel worksheet I defined a named range subset, saved the worksheet and closed it.  However, when I tried to join again to the worksheet the new named range did not show up!  Furthermore, named ranges I deleted still showed up.  I tried restarting Monarch and joining again with the same results.  Is there a way I can get Monarch to see the named range changes?

--Gary   :confused:

• Excel Named Range not showing up
          Grant Perkins

Gary,

I sort of recall something like this a while back but did not have time to check it out in detail and make notes at the time.

Are using an existing model which still has references to the original named ranges?

Have you saved the revised Excel file?

Just 2 quick thoughts. I know my problem resolved but I never did get round to checking precisely why. May find time to do so later now you have prompted my memory.

Grant

Originally posted by Gary Raymond:

Because of duplicate key data in joining to an Excel worksheet I defined a named range subset, saved the worksheet and closed it.  However, when I tried to join again to the worksheet the new named range did not show up!  Furthermore, named ranges I deleted still showed up.  I tried restarting Monarch and joining again with the same results.  Is there a way I can get Monarch to see the named range changes?

--Gary    :confused:  /b[/quote]

Grant Perkins

Gary,

Just ran some quick tests using 6.01, Excel 2000 and an XP system. No problems, new exports to the xls appeared ok whether as tables or names.

I can't recall if I used Excel 2000 or 97 when I saw the similar problem. What are you running?

Grant

Gary Raymond

Grant,

I am using the existing model.  I am using Excel 2000 under Windows 2000 and Monarch Pro 6.01.

I tried a number of things that did not work:

Restarting Monarch

Rebooting the PC

Moving the file to another location.

Deleting the join and adding it back in.

Renaming the file.

Finally, I extracted the worksheet into a new file and that worked.

It appears that Monarch maintains information about files that have been joined before and there is no way of refreshing the information for a particular model.

Is this a bug in this version of Monarch or am I missing some procedure here?

--Gary