6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Stephen Reid RSS

Automated Export to Excel

Stephen Reid

Hi all

I have a problem and was just looking for a bit of information. I have a user with Monarch V6 Standard edition.  I have written a macro which automates the generation of the certain reports for her.  The macro uses the exporttable and exportsummary functions to export tables through monarch and then opens them in excel to incorporate them into the report.

The problem is that sometimes the tables are greater than 16000 rows.  I know this is a problem that has been aorund for a while but I was just wondering whether anyone had found a way around it or if Version 7 Standard fixes this.

I know that Pro has the jetexport function that will solve my problem but don't really whether this function alone warrants me upgrading her.

Thanks in advance

Stephen Reid

• Automated Export to Excel
          Grant Perkins

Stephen,

I don't have the Standard version to check against but the help files don't make a distinction between Std and Pro in respect of this particular functionality so I suspect that the sole requirement it to set the Options>>Folders and File Types>>Export File Types  for Excel to Excel Version 8 - assuming that the user has access to Excel Version 8 and its capacity to cater for 64k+ rows.

I can vouch for it working in V6 (edit - Manual export from 6 Pro as per availability indicated above) though bringing all progs up to latest patch spec (including Excel/Office version) is recommended.

It would be useful to know if V6 STD differs from Pro in this aspect in your experience.

Hope this helps.

Grant

edit for clarity

Originally posted by Stephen Reid:

Hi all

I have a problem and was just looking for a bit of information. I have a user with Monarch V6 Standard edition.  I have written a macro which automates the generation of the certain reports for her.  The macro uses the exporttable and exportsummary functions to export tables through monarch and then opens them in excel to incorporate them into the report.

The problem is that sometimes the tables are greater than 16000 rows.  I know this is a problem that has been aorund for a while but I was just wondering whether anyone had found a way around it or if Version 7 Standard fixes this.

I know that Pro has the jetexport function that will solve my problem but don't really whether this function alone warrants me upgrading her.

Thanks in advance

Stephen Reid /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ October 10, 2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

Nick Osdale-Popa

Yes, the JetExportTable and JetExportSummary are available in the standard version of Monarch 6+.

Stephen Reid

Hi Grant

Thanks for the reply.  The problem stems back to when I was using version 5 std.  I wanted to use the exporttable method to export an excel file in the most recent version of excel. The exporttable method use to export to an old version of excel irrelevant of what version was set in the options menu.  At the time I was told to use the jetexport method but this was only available in Pro.  Since the I haven't encountered the problem up until recently.

A user using 6.01 std was using code that uses exporttable to export to an excel file.  The code was working perfectly until the rows went above 16350ish.  I have checked that the options are set to Excel 8 and it still doesn't work. If I doctor the print file to have less than 16000 rows then it works fine but if it has more then it just doesn't export anything at all.

I have just noticed that jetexport isn't in the programmers guide for version 6.

Just for me to make sure I am getting this right.  Are you saying that using version 6.01 std with the options set to excel 8 that it should export upto 64000 rows using the exporttable method.  If so then do you have any suggestions as to why this isn't working?

Thanks again

Stephen

Stephen Reid

Hi again

Sorry it was my version 5 programmers guide which has no mention of jetexport.

I don't think my memory is serving me very well at the moment. It was actually versions 6 std I had this problem and was told that jetexport is only availabe in pro versions 6+.

Is this true?

Nick,

You have said that jetexport is available in standard versions 6+ but my version 6 programmers guide says it is only available in pro.

:confused:

Nick Osdale-Popa

Sorry, Stephen, my bad.  I had thought we didn't get the Pro version of 6 and assumed that JetExport was working with the standard version.  Yup, just dusted off my guide and you are correct that JetExport is only in the Pro version.

Stephen Reid

Thanks anyway guys.

Maybe I should attack the root of the problem (the report shouldn't be anywhere near 16000 lines in the first place).

Just out of curiosity, could this be done from command line?  How hard is this as I have never tried it before?

Thanks

Stephen