2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Opening Multiple Reports

JRansdell _

I'm creating an Autoscript to process some reports, but I need to open two reports at once, then run a model against them and export the concatenated result to an Excel spreadsheet. How do I open multiple reports using a script...or can I?

• Opening Multiple Reports
          Grant Perkins

Two versions of the same report? i.e. Jan version and Feb version?

Can you concatenate them to a new file using autoscript 'copy' ? (Example in the Help Files)

Alternatively you could set up the 2 reports manually and then save the whole thing as a PROJECT. (Could get to be a more interesting script if you need to use different names for the reports as time goes by. Perhaps script the creation of the Project first? Some recent posts may have useful code in that respect).

Then open the project in the Autoscript and treat it just like a report?

There may be reasons why these suggestions won't work for you but they must be worth a look.

[font="courier"]copy Jan.prnFeb.prnMar.prn Q1.prn

This command concatenates three monthly reports

(Jan.prn, Feb.prn and Mar.prn)

into a single quarterly report (Q1.prn).

/font[/quote][quote]Originally posted by JRansdell:

I'm creating an Autoscript to process some reports, but I need to open two reports at once, then run a model against them and export the concatenated result to an Excel spreadsheet. How do I open multiple reports using a script...or can I? /b[/quote]

• Opening Multiple Reports
            Gareth Horton

Hi

The easiest way to do this is by using a project.

Check out the Monarch documentation for more info.

Gareth

Originally posted by JRansdell:

I'm creating an Autoscript to process some reports, but I need to open two reports at once, then run a model against them and export the concatenated result to an Excel spreadsheet. How do I open multiple reports using a script...or can I? /b[/quote]