2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by ron cousino RSS

Date General  V6.0

ron cousino

When trying to create a filter for a Date field that is General I find that I get an invalid term even though I have enclosed the date in brackets.  If I enter the date as a short date the filter seems to work.  Since I am double clicking the field name, double clicking the operator and the braces and filling in the date as displayed in the field I don't know if I am just not reading the documentation correctly or there is some other problem.  My field properties say Date General.  The field displays the date as 20030104.

• Date General  V6.0
          Gareth Horton

Ron,

You have to use the format that you are using for the input options, hence the format the dates actually appear in the report.

For example,

for dates in MDY

{03/28/98}

{03/28/2003}

for dates in DMY

{28/03/98}

{28/03/2003}

for dates in YMD

etc

Originally posted by ron cousino:

When trying to create a filter for a Date field that is General I find that I get an invalid term even though I have enclosed the date in brackets.  If I enter the date as a short date the filter seems to work.  Since I am double clicking the field name, double clicking the operator and the braces and filling in the date as displayed in the field I don't know if I am just not reading the documentation correctly or there is some other problem.  My field properties say Date General.  The field displays the date as 20030104. /b[/quote]

• Date General  V6.0
            ron cousino

Gareth,

Actually my input date did match, that is what puzzled me because the only way I could get the filter to work was as I indicated.