2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by JamVaz _ RSS

OpenDataBase Method expamples

JamVaz _

Can some help me with some examples on how to use the OpenDatabase method. I have carefully examine the Programmer Guide, but still not gettin it correct.

Or if any can share the correct syntax with a ODBC connection

Is there another programmer resource with more, more, more examples.

Thanks

Any help is welcome

James Vazquez

[size="1"][ February 12, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: JamVaz ][/size]

• OpenDataBase Method expamples
          Gareth Horton

James

Here are a few examples of the OpenDatabase method using SQL Server, with connection strings.

You will need to read up on connection strings a little to understand what is going on.

I am also assuming you know how to instantiate Monarch via OLE and so forth.

[font="courier"]Open a DB using SQL Authentication with no sa password (note this is slightly different than when a password exists, in that ;pwd= is necessary after the database info)

DBOpenStatus = oMonarch.Opendatabase("ODBC;DSN=SQLTestNoPassword;UID=sa;APP=Monarch for Windows;WSID=Workstation;DATABASE=test;pwd=","","dbo.appjobs","C:Program FilesMonarchModelsopendb.mod")

Open a DB using Windows Authentication.

DBOpenStatus = oMonarch.Opendatabase("ODBC;DSN=WindowsAuth;UID=winuser;APP=Monarch for Windows;WSID=Workstation;DATABASE=test;Trusted_Connection=Yes","","dbo.appjobs","C:Program FilesMonarchModelsopendb.mod")

Open a DB using SQL Authentication with user ID of test and password of test

DBOpenStatus = oMonarch.Opendatabase("ODBC;DSN=SQLTestWithPassword;UID=test;APP=Monarch for Windows;WSID=Workstation;DATABASE=test","test","dbo.appjobs","C:Program FilesMonarchModelsopendb.mod")  /font[/quote]I hope this gets you on your way.

Gareth

Originally posted by JamVaz:

Can some help me with some examples on how to use the OpenDatabase method. I have carefully examine the Programmer Guide, but still not gettin it correct.

Or if any can share the correct syntax with a ODBC connection

Is there another programmer resource with more, more, more examples.

Thanks

Any help is welcome

James Vazquez /b[/quote]

• OpenDataBase Method expamples
            JamVaz _

Thanks .... working great