3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch tries to run but does not

tcorley _

Here is my problem. When Monarch is launched it never actual shows up.

I am using windows 2000pro and Monarch Pro 6.0.

Monarch is running as a process, but not as an application.

One thing to note is that Monarch ran fine for months before this problem occured.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Todd

• Monarch tries to run but does not
          Grant Perkins

Todd,

I presume you are trying to run this on screen rather than as a 'background' process?

I had a problem with an app once (a terminal emulation package) that would regularly set its window size to something other than it had previously been saved as. In the worst instance it became a 1 pixel wide or high 'window' at the edge of the screen. That gave the same symptoms - especially if what you see on screen is actually a little smaller than the area the device reckons it is displaying.

In that situation it seems that the setting in the ini file for the app were being written back incorrectly sometimes when the app closed.

Just suggestion to consider. As I recall the problem existed on Win95 and 2000.

Grant

Originally posted by tcorley:

Here is my problem. When Monarch is launched it never actual shows up.

I am using windows 2000pro and Monarch Pro 6.0.

Monarch is running as a process, but not as an application.

One thing to note is that Monarch ran fine for months before this problem occured.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Todd /b[/quote]

tcorley _

Thanks for the suggestion Grant. I tried a couple of things, but was not able to make anything work.

Monarch.EXE shows up in the task manager as a process, but not an application.

I have also seen this happen before (with other applications), but a reboot has genrally fixed the problem. In this instance a reboot and subsequent re-install/reboot have not helped.

All this patricular computer needs to do is run Monarch OLE scripts.

Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated.

Grant Perkins

Has anything else changed on the PC or any network connections that might have a bearing on this? Any new users or patches added?

Does the system have more than one User account? Could the app be running for a different user?

Beyond that I can't think of much else. I assume you are running the 6.01 update version? Just to be sure everything is up to date.

Maybe someone else has seen this situation.

Grant

Originally posted by tcorley:

Thanks for the suggestion Grant. I tried a couple of things, but was not able to make anything work.

Monarch.EXE shows up in the task manager as a process, but not an application.

I have also seen this happen before (with other applications), but a reboot has genrally fixed the problem. In this instance a reboot and subsequent re-install/reboot have not helped.

All this patricular computer needs to do is run Monarch OLE scripts.

Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated. /b[/quote]