4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Mike Urbonas RSS

Exported Summary Percentages are Truncated

Gary Raymond

When I export a summary to any supported Monarch Pro 6.01 export format that has a percent of total field which has additional decimal places the data to the right of the decimal is set to zeros or truncated. For example:  24.83% in the summary show up as 24.00% or 24% in the various formats.

I understand this is a known bug.

1) When will it be fixed?

2) Is there a workaround?

--Gary

• Exported Summary Percentages are Truncated
          Gary Raymond

When I reported the truncation problem to support directly.  I not only received a call directly from them indicating it was a bug, I also receive the following email reply:

-

Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 6:38 AM

To: gary.raymond(snip)

Subject: Percentages Exported to Excel

Gary,

We have reproduced the issue here. At this time there is no fix. This is forwarded to be considered in a future release.

Best regards,

Charles Thompson

Datawatch Tech Support

[size="1"][ February 13, 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Mike Urbonas ][/size]

Mike Urbonas

Gary,

OK - looks like we've figured this out - the problem you noted does happen in Monarch Pro V6.01 when you want to display the Percent of Total of the special Monarch "count" value in your summary.  The Percents of Total do indeed export rounded without decimal values, or the "%" character.

Now if this presents a "critical stop" level problem for you, you could rely on this "kludge" solution in the meantime:

1. Create a calculated field in your Monarch table; the formula is simply the number 1.  Let's call this new column "kludge".

2. Instead of doing a Pct of Total on "count", do a Pct of Total on "kludge" column.

Here is sample output to text I created with a Monarch Summary - the first column of figures is Pct of Total on "count" (rounds to nearest whole number, and no "%" character); the 2nd column of figures is Pct of Total on "kludge" selecting 2 decimals:

[font="courier"]None      01/2001                  60        60.24%

PRJ100008 01/2001                  33        32.53%

PRJ105003 01/2001                   0         0.24%

PRJ105004 01/2001                   7         6.99%

Summary                           100       100.00%[/font][/quote]Charlie was right this is a bug that should be addressed in a future release.  In the meantime we will add this to our Knowledge base.

Regards

Mike Urbonas

Product Marketing Manager

Datawatch Corporation

[size="1"][ February 14, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Mike Urbonas ][/size]

Gary Raymond

Mike,

Thanks for the work-around.  It worked great!  It's best that I don't use the word kluge for a field name since it shows up in the heading.  We don't want people to get the wrong idea!

--Gary

Mike Urbonas

Originally posted by Gary Raymond:

Mike,

Thanks for the work-around.  It worked great!  It's best that I don't use the word kluge for a field name since it shows up in the heading.  We don't want people to get the wrong idea!

--Gary /b[/quote]Agree that "kludge" is not the best field name for actual use 

BTW, we will definitely address this issue in a future Monarch release.

Mike