2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Registry deletion

Bob Jobbins

Hello,

If I wanted to completely remove all the registry settings for v 6 of Monarch from my system, where would I find all of the needed settings? As add/remove programs fails to remove all of the necessary files.

Many thanks.

• Registry deletion
          Mark Huston

In the Registry Editor, Edit > Find, type the word monarch, then delete each registry entry you find. Back up the registry first!

• Registry deletion
            Gareth Horton

Bob

The main registry key sets that are used for V6 are:

Monarch Pro

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareDatawatchMonarch Pro

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDatawatchMonarch Pro

Monarch Standard

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareDatawatchMonarch

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDatawatchMonarch

There are numerous other miscellaneous registry entries, but these are the most important ones used by the product itself.  Many of the others are required and even created by Windows, so they will be in the standard places.

A search for monarch, with a good understanding on what you can and cannot do in the registry, armed with a registry and preferably a system state backup will enable you to clear up the rest.

Gareth

Originally posted by Bob Jobbins:

Hello,

If I wanted to completely remove all the registry settings for v 6 of Monarch from my system, where would I find all of the needed settings? As add/remove programs fails to remove all of the necessary files.

Many thanks. /b[/quote]