3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Tom Whiteside RSS

New Directory Feature

Tom Whiteside

Is the Datawatch Forum member directory listing feature fully up and running?  There is an empty column earmarked for "Interests" to the far right hand side of the display - - but no content for any of our 250+ members (yet?).    :confused: 

Tom Whiteside

• New Directory Feature
          Tom Whiteside

Also, I'm assuming that this new field will be usable in listing members' particular areas of expertise?  This would be a great tool in searching for help with a specific problem.

Or, is all this still being thought out?     

Tom

• New Directory Feature
            Gareth Horton

Tom,

The problem here is that there was a field called Interests in the original registration/signup process which we thought was not particularly useful, so we removed it from the process.

We recently upgraded the board to a new version, which gives us the directory feature.

However, it seems that the Interests field was shown by default after the upgrade, even though we originally chose not to expose it.

There are other fields that we did not include - but interests was the only one it displayed by default.

If we wanted to implement the feature, I am not sure if we need to change the registration settings, get everyone to reregister etc.

We just didn't want to ask for too much info when registering.

For the meantime, I have turned it off, to avoid confusion.

Gareth

Originally posted by Tom Whiteside:

Also, I'm assuming that this new field will be usable in listing members' particular areas of expertise?  This would be a great tool in searching for help with a specific problem.

Or, is all this still being thought out?       

Tom /b[/quote]

• New Directory Feature
              Tom Whiteside

Thanks, Gareth!

Let's not do anything to make people have to reregister.  Besides, an "Interests" column would likely result in entries such as, "long walks on the beach," or, "hiking by moonlight," or, "gourmet cooking."

(Just kidding - - but not too much!)     

Tom