1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

HTML Files

Nick Osdale-Popa

If I bring the file in as HTML, I can very easily trap some basic information, but embedded information such as email links, webite links, etc do not appear in Monarch.

However, if I rename the file to a .txt/.prn file, I get to the actual HTML code, but the data is not unique enough for traps.

How have others overcome this?

What are some practical uses of HTML files are others using?

[size="1"][ January 22, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Nick Osdale-Popa ][/size]

• HTML Files
          Grant Perkins

Hi Nick,

No responses to date seems to hint that maybe not many people have got into this functionality yet.

One simple idea I had playing around with it (as you do!) would be to look for the possibility of running a MSR process on the file (or perhaps a copy of it    )to make the bits you want appear as body text. However I would like to understand more about the way the function selects what it displays and makes it available for selection before putting this forward as a serious option. (I can get the starting point of a selection but cannot seem to set the desired 'end of body' mark.)

The other concern is simply that MSR changes to a file probably offer the same challenges of logic in identifying the 'strings to be replaced' as setting a suitable template trap might do. So MSR may be viable in some cases for some files but not in all cases for all files.

My thoughts, for what they are worth.

Grant

Originally posted by Nick Osdale-Popa:

If I bring the file in as HTML, I can very easily trap some basic information, but embedded information such as email links, webite links, etc do not appear in Monarch.

However, if I rename the file to a .txt/.prn file, I get to the actual HTML code, but the data is not unique enough for traps.

How have others overcome this?

What are some practical uses of HTML files are others using? /b[/quote]