4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Exporting Files

Lynette _

Hi..

Am new to this group ...

Am a frequent user of Monarch... we have Monarch Pro V5... and i just love it...

But today for some strange reason I cannot help myself.. Here is my problem...

I am exporting files but data in the exported xl file is not the same as the report.. data in some cells is being shifted...

e.g.

Monarch summary as follows:

Location    0209  0210  0211  0212

BOM          10     0    23    10

.xls files appears as follows:

BOM          10     23   10

Ofcourse i could do a copy paste...but i have created a batch file right until it opens into the excel file and do not want to go manual again.

so is SOS time now.....

• Exporting Files
          Grant Perkins

Lynette,

I don't think this is any direct help to your problem but ...maybe it will help you indirectly to decide what to do next ...

I created a notepad file to allow me to simulate your Monarch data results (Using Monarch Pro 5.02). I then exported multiple version of a summary with the same format as yours, each time changing some parameters in Monarch (setting for Null display, View parameters, export parameter for xls. (Excel 97 SP2 Installed). I think I got all the combinations.

I could make the column appear with 0 or blank, but never shift columns to the left.

Do you have another installation (another PC) you could use to test the same process?

Grant

Originally posted by Lynette:

Hi..

Am new to this group ...

Am a frequent user of Monarch... we have Monarch Pro V5... and i just love it...

I am exporting files but data in the exported xl file is not the same as the report.. data in some cells is being shifted...

e.g.

Ofcourse i could do a copy paste...but i have created a batch file right until it opens into the excel file and do not want to go manual again.

so is SOS time now..... /b[/quote]

• Exporting Files
            Lynette _

Grant,

Thanks for the reply.  Will try out on another PC at work tomorrow... but you mentioned that you could get the column in excel (i have excel 2000)appear with a "zero" or "blank"...that is exactly what i want and the summary sheet displays it correctly.

I just cannot understand what happens when I export the excel and don't remember facing this problem before.

• Exporting Files
              Grant Perkins

Lynette,

Using "File>Export" I have not seen anything unexpected. I have not tried a .bat file. It sounds like your export is somehow deciding that there is nothing in the column with 0 as the data value. I wonder of that is something to do with Excel 2000?

Have you tried exporting to other file types - CSV or fixed length fields text for example - and looking at the output and then importing that to Excel just to see what happens? Just to eliminate anything unusual that might br a feature of the data. I don't expect this to reveal anything but you never know, it might.

Grant

Grant,

Thanks for the reply.  Will try out on another PC at work tomorrow... but you mentioned that you could get the column in excel (i have excel 2000)appear with a "zero" or "blank"...that is exactly what i want and the summary sheet displays it correctly.

I just cannot understand what happens when I export the excel and don't remember facing this problem before. /b[/quote]

• Exporting Files
                Gareth Horton

Lynette,

Take a look at my post  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000130#000002"]here[/url]

Hi..

Am new to this group ...

e.g.

so is SOS time now..... /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 18, 2006, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]