1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Trouble Automating an .XLS export

tlockwood _

Hi,  I've written a model in Monarch that extracts selected customers information from a report and exports it to Excel.  The model basically, has a unique filter and summary defined for each customer we wish to analyze.  Everything works great when exporting to Excel when using the "export all summaries" option, each customer is export to a unique worksheet within the Workbook.  When I tried to automate the process by creating a batch file, it will only extract one(1) of the summaries.  Is anyone aware of another switch to use in the command line to export "all summaries"? I'm fairly inexperienced, but would be willing to try anything to automate this process. If anyone has any thoughts on how to accomplish this I would certainly appreciate some advice... Thanks

• Trouble Automating an .XLS export
          Gareth Horton

Hi

There is no way to perform an Export All Summaries at the command line.

It is possible to do this using the COM/OLE interface for Monarch.

You can download the Monarch Programmers Guide to get the information you need.

Additionally, there have been some good posts on the forum.

Take a look at  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000043#000002"]this[/url] 

Originally posted by tlockwood:

Hi,  I've written a model in Monarch that extracts selected customers information from a report and exports it to Excel.  The model basically, has a unique filter and summary defined for each customer we wish to analyze.  Everything works great when exporting to Excel when using the "export all summaries" option, each customer is export to a unique worksheet within the Workbook.  When I tried to automate the process by creating a batch file, it will only extract one(1) of the summaries.  Is anyone aware of another switch to use in the command line to export "all summaries"? I'm fairly inexperienced, but would be willing to try anything to automate this process. If anyone has any thoughts on how to accomplish this I would certainly appreciate some advice... Thanks /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 18, 2006, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]