3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch V5 and XP

Tony Mcgarrigle

Are there any compatability issues between  Monarch Version 5 and Windows XP?  Since upgrading from Windo0ws 98, we cannot successfully produce Report Explorer .prf files.  We have also had compatability issues between Internet Explorer 6 and Report Explorer as both use the .prf file extension for different reasons.  I would be grateful for any advice.

• Monarch V5 and XP
          Grant Perkins

Hi Tony,

Your post prompted me to do a little checking. Quite a few packages seem to use the .prf extension for some of their files, including Adobe Premiere, IE, as you have mentioned, and some other apps I found on my XP Home installation.

I have V6.01 on this XP machine. No problem writing .prf files as long as I am logged on as an Administrator account. However I get permissions and file access errors trying to create .prf files if I log on as a 'limited' account. Cannot write to the default Monarch folders, not necessarily a surprise that one, but also fails to write to the local user My Documents folder.

You are probably using XP Pro? You may be able to see more of what is in the permissions through Pro - I have a couple of XP Pro machines, one with the SP 1 pack on it, but will not be near them for a few days. Hopefully you will have a definitive answer by then either through the Forum or via Datawatch Tech Support.

I for one would be very interested to know the answer to the problem but, in the meantime, does anything above suggest a workaround for your problem?

Regards,

Grant

Originally posted by Tony Mcgarrigle:

Are there any compatability issues between  Monarch Version 5 and Windows XP?  Since upgrading from Windo0ws 98, we cannot successfully produce Report Explorer .prf files.  We have also had compatability issues between Internet Explorer 6 and Report Explorer as both use the .prf file extension for different reasons.  I would be grateful for any advice.[/b][/quote]

• Monarch V5 and XP
            Tony Mcgarrigle

Thanks Grant

I think you have highlighted the problem.  I am not logging on as the Administrator so that certainly seems to be the solution.  It is not the policy of our organisation to give XP Administrator responsibility to users on our network, so does Da****ch offer a solution for people logging on with limited access on XP?

Thanks again

Tony

• Monarch V5 and XP
              Grant Perkins

Tony,

This item from the Knowledge Base may relate. I just remembered ready something similar to your problem.

Export problem in ver. 5.0

[url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000026"]http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000026[/url] 

Grant

Originally posted by Tony Mcgarrigle:

Thanks Grant

I think you have highlighted the problem.  I am not logging on as the Administrator so that certainly seems to be the solution.  It is not the policy of our organisation to give XP Administrator responsibility to users on our network, so does Da****ch offer a solution for people logging on with limited access on XP?

Thanks again

Tony[/b][/quote]

[size="1"][ February 09, 2006, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Mary Lou Sullivan ][/size]