1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Documenting Monarch models

Winn _

I am beginning the process of documenting the models tht I have set up. The first part of the process will be setting up a form in which to record traps, fields, filters, sorts, etc. Before I expend the effort to create a form from scratch, I thought that I would check here to see if anyone has set anything like this up, and if you would be willing to share.

• Documenting Monarch models
          Grant Perkins

Winn,

Excellent idea. How often I have gone back to an older model and wondered what on earth it was doing - especially if I have a few that are similar! Even an ability to annotate the things as you generate them (not just by the various comments sections) would be good. And if that was visible as a sort of tag file then better still.

Looks to me like the .mod files could almost be self documenting provided the various fields under the section headers could be clearly correlated to their purpose.

Anyone got a program that 'reports'for a .mod file? Failing that how about using Monarch for the analysis .... ?

Grant

Originally posted by Winn:

I am beginning the process of documenting the models tht I have set up. The first part of the process will be setting up a form in which to record traps, fields, filters, sorts, etc. Before I expend the effort to create a form from scratch, I thought that I would check here to see if anyone has set anything like this up, and if you would be willing to share.[/b][/quote]