4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Bruce _ RSS

Example of Multiple Reports Batch

Matixsnow _

I have made an example of a batch script that should open all the files in a folder in Monarch and apply a model to all of them and save them to a folder. 

However, I am confused on how I can use a Wildcard to open all files in a folder (with a .txt extension) and how I can save all of the files to either one xls or multiple xls files with a default file name.  Any suggestions?  Here is the script.

START C:"Program Files"MonarchProgrammonarch.exe "X:AEFAAMBRetirement ServicesText Files*.txt" "X:AEFAAMBRetirement ServicesModel FolderHA90080.mod" C:test.xls /t

• Example of Multiple Reports Batch
          joey

I do not think that Monarch will allow you to use wildcards when specifying the /rpt: parameter. 

However, you can use this script to concatenate all of your text files into a single huge text file, and process that through Monarch.

[font="courier"] copy C:InputFolder*.txt C:OutputFolderAllFiles.txt /font[/quote]Then you process it through Monarch.  See "Using Monarch command lines" in the help file if you get stuck. 

Let me know how it works.  Hope this helps you out.

Dieter _

Joey,

When you use this script 'copy C:InputFolder*.txt C:OutputFolderAllFiles.txt'

is it to be used by itself in the command line, or included in the script 'C:"Program Files"MonarchProgrammonarch.exe "X:AEFAAMBRetirement ServicesText Files*.txt" "X:AEFAAMBRetirement ServicesModel FolderHA90080.mod" C:test.xls /t'?

I am having a similar issue in which I have multiple text files and I am trying to get them exported into one . xls file.  Thanks

joey

Monarch won't let you use wildcards in the input filename,unless Data Pump is involved.  You recieve the message "Cannot open file *.txt".

You need a 2 line batch script, something like the following.  The first line creates one large file, and the second line processes it through Monarch. 

[font="courier"]

copy "X:AEFAAMBRetirement ServicesText Files*.txt" "X:AEFAAMBRetirement ServicesText FilesAllFiles.txt"

'C:"Program Files"MonarchProgrammonarch.exe "X:AEFAAMBRetirement ServicesText FilesAllFiles.txt" "X:AEFAAMBRetirement ServicesModel FolderHA90080.mod" C:test.xls /t'

/font[/quote]

Bruce _

Hello all

Starting in version 9, Monarch allows you to open multiple text files without merging with the copy command.

Just use a project file to keep track of all the text files involved and it will look to Monarch that you have one large file and not several smaller ones.

Regards