3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Steve D RSS

Export Excel Subtotals V9

Steve D

When I export to Excel with the V9 export option, the subtotal line now seems to "hard" merge the cells it is in. This prevents the user sorting information in Excel. The V9 export handles dates better and so I would like to retain this option. Is there a way round this?

• Export Excel Subtotals V9
          Data Kruncher

Hi Steve,

While you cannot control the merged cells for subtotals at this time, you may be able to provide a different solution.

Can you sort the summary in the manner desired by the user? You could start by duplicating the original (to preserve the original should you need to), then sort based on the user's requirement.

Alternatively, you could export a simple list to which the user could apply Excel's sort features. Subsequently applying the Subtotal feature would perhaps approach a result similar to the original Monarch export.

Kruncher

Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Data Kruncher:

Can you sort the summary in the manner desired by the user? You could start by duplicating the original (to preserve the original should you need to), then sort based on the user's requirement.

/b[/quote]Which caught my eye and led me to the thought that with Monarch V9 you can define your master summary and then create as many variants of it as you need by creating additional summaries as 'strong linked' to the object that is your master summary.  If you have previously created the sorts that might be required for each alternative summary you can then substitute the 'master summary' sort for each of the alternatives, one per variation of the summary, and then use projects exports to export the lot of them, though you do have other ways to achieve this using the export for each sort option option.

I assume that with Excel it would still be possible to select all the lines you want to sort (excluding any headers and the summary lines) and apply the sort just to those lines?

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Which means that they may not really offer much of a solution.

Grant

Steve D

Thank you Data Kruncher and Grant Perkins for your prompt help and advice. I have in the short term found an Excel workaround that will help in this instance.

This is the first time I have been stuck for an immediate solution with Monarch. Looks like the support is as good as the product !! Thanks again.