1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Using MDP to export multiple files

tomkrier _

I have a project that imports info from a report and then puts it in a complicated Access DB.  In the post process for the project I have a batch file open the DB, because that kicks off some complicated calculations.  In the end the DB produces either file A, file A & B, or just file B.  I clear out the folder on a daily basis but I was wondering with datapump is there a way to email out the files that are in that folder on a daily basis? (remember it can vary depending on business rules on which files will be in that folder)

• Using MDP to export multiple files
          Gareth Horton

Tom

If you have some way of expressing in script, what the filename will be after the process has completed, you could use an approach similar to that in  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000031"]this[/url] post to add it as an output item through script, then create a global distribution to send out the e-mail. If the files have different distribution lists, then you would have to set up 2 global distributions in different folders.

Another way, not so elegant, but maybe simpler, would be to set up a "dummy" process that picked up the files and used an input distribution to e-mail the files and then goes through some fake conversion which you could then use a post-export script to delete.

Gareth

Originally posted by tomkrier:

I have a project that imports info from a report and then puts it in a complicated Access DB.  In the post process for the project I have a batch file open the DB, because that kicks off some complicated calculations.  In the end the DB produces either file A, file A & B, or just file B.  I clear out the folder on a daily basis but I was wondering with datapump is there a way to email out the files that are in that folder on a daily basis? (remember it can vary depending on business rules on which files will be in that folder) /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 19, 2006, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]