1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Bruce _ RSS

Default export table name

Glenn _

I have recently upgraded to Ver 8.0.  My problem is that I have many command line batch files that are automatically generated such as:

"C:Program FilesMonarchprogrammonarch" "C:Documents and SettingsglennMy DocumentsLPD Spoolsar26.txt" "C:Documents and SettingsglennMy DocumentsduaneAr Payments Importmodsstatment.mod" "C:Documents and SettingsglennMy DocumentsduaneAr Payments Import awdbasear.mdb"

These exported tables are linked tables from various other databases.  Until v8 this would always create a .mdb with one table named untitled.  Now I am getting various table names which of course breaks linked tables from other databases.  Is there a way to always default the table name to "untitled"?  is there a way to set the table name on the command line?  Where can I find all the command line switches documented?  The help file has next to nothing about command line arguments beyond a few examples.

Thanks

Glenn

• Default export table name
          Bruce _

Glenn

Look in the help under chapter 9 using Monarch command lines.

The command you need is /exptable:[Tablename]

Were the table name is the table name within the file. Set this to untitled & you should be home free. This was an upgrade as everyone used to complain they  could not change the table name it was always "Untitled"

Hope this helps,

smile.gif[/img]