Could you get in touch with me so see if you could send the original reports that were causing the problems, it would be useful for us
to analyze and fix the problems for the next maintenance release.
You may also have success simply resaving the files in Acrobat, since Acrobat is good at dealing with semi-corrupt PDFs and piecing them back together.
We just need to try and find as many possible corruptions as we can and fix them during the opening process, so they don't cause a problem.
my email is firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]
1. Using Acrobat to crop off the graphics at the bottom. - This helped, the file opened but a lot of the information was still missing.
2. Redistilling the file with Acrobat. - That was the big key, once I did that I got all of the information off of the report. I think redistilling the reports adds in the information Monarch needs to read it, the files always end up a little bigger than the original.
Anyone else have any useful hints? /b[/quote]
Can you post some more information on how to do this or contact me via email? I am attempting to use Monarch on the ADP Payroll summary file, but can't get Monarch to read much of anything. Am not that familiar with Distiller and having been successful getting anywhere as of yet. There seems to be lots of graphical information in the files that ADP sends so I think this may give Monarch lots of problems. But I remain hopeful....
I use the Acrobat distiller by calling it up during the print function. When the list of available printers comes up, the distiller is one of the options. I select that and hit the print button and then give it a file name. I always name it with the pay period ending date, because that tends to get cropped off with the rest of the graphics. Then to add it to my data file I can use the file name as a calculated field. Let me know if you need anything else.