1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

PDF files and V8 Pro

loren _

I am brand new to V8, excited about being able to search PDF files.  The first one I tried though is not working.  It imports fine, but there are huge spaces between every line.  I have tried manipulating it upon import, but nothing seems to work.  Any ideas?

• PDF files and V8 Pro
          Grant Perkins

Loren,

The internal workings of PDF files can be a significant puzzle to resolve - there are so many different programs that have drivers to produce them.

Have you tried exporting to text using the Adobe Reader just to compare the results?

I think it might be best to let Datawatch have a sample of the file if possible so that they can undertake a detailed assessment.

In the meantime, if the output file is not too huge, can you could use it as it is?

Presumably any template you create will still result in just the populated lines in the table?

Or does the display cause you some other problem?

If you are able to share the file I would be happy to have a look at it (send me a Private Message with and I will respond with an email address). However I believe that asking Datawatch to have a look would be the most effective way forward in the long term.

Originally posted by loren:

I am brand new to V8, excited about being able to search PDF files.  The first one I tried though is not working.  It imports fine, but there are huge spaces between every line.  I have tried manipulating it upon import, but nothing seems to work.  Any ideas? /b[/quote]