1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

To Timespan or not to Timespan... likely not the only question...

rebecca _

I have date & time1 and date & time2.  I want to calculate the difference between 1 and 2 in hours and minutes.  When I create a calculated field set to numeric timespan using the forumla date & time2 - date & time1, I get nonesense answers.  I have checked the formula in excel and get the correct answers there.  I am obviously doing something wrong.  Help plz!  [img]smile.gif[/img]

• To Timespan or not to Timespan... likely not the only question...
          Grant Perkins

Hi Rebecca,

It's late over here in the UK but I read this and remembered something that sounds similar from a few weeks back.

Have a look  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000643#000000"]here[/url] to see if this relates to your situation. It just might, especially the second part of the problem.

If not let us know so we can look at alternatives based on the difference between your problem and the referenced problem.

Grant

Originally posted by rebecca:

I have date & time1 and date & time2.  I want to calculate the difference between 1 and 2 in hours and minutes.  When I create a calculated field set to numeric timespan using the forumla date & time2 - date & time1, I get nonesense answers.  I have checked the formula in excel and get the correct answers there.  I am obviously doing something wrong.  Help plz!    [img]smile.gif[/img]   /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 03, 2006, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]