2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Eric @ SEASH - EVV RSS

Command Line issue

Eric @ SEASH - EVV

I have never tried command line execution of Monarch, or using autoscripting...until now.  There are 3 different reports I download from our mainframe and process through Monarch daily. Here's my first attempt at the command line:

Monarch.exe /rpt: "l:datasms downloadscharge detail" /mod: "c:program filesmonarchmodelscharge detail.mod" /exp: "l:dataseashchrgdet.mdb"/T

Any ideas why I get "Cannot open file" when I execute this ?  After I click "OK" on the error, Monarch opens with the report and model open in table view.  It is simply not exporting out to the database. (Which by the way does not exist yet...could that be what is causing my error ?)

Thanks !

• Command Line issue
          Gareth Horton

Eric

Remove the spaces between the colons and add a space before the /T argument, i.e.

Monarch.exe /rpt:"l:datasms downloadscharge detail" /mod:"c:program filesmonarchmodelscharge detail.mod" /exp:"l:dataseashchrgdet.mdb" /T

Gareth

Originally posted by Eric @ SEASH - EVV:

I have never tried command line execution of Monarch, or using autoscripting...until now.  There are 3 different reports I download from our mainframe and process through Monarch daily. Here's my first attempt at the command line:

Monarch.exe /rpt: "l:datasms downloadscharge detail" /mod: "c:program filesmonarchmodelscharge detail.mod" /exp: "l:dataseashchrgdet.mdb"/T

Any ideas why I get "Cannot open file" when I execute this ?  After I click "OK" on the error, Monarch opens with the report and model open in table view.  It is simply not exporting out to the database. (Which by the way does not exist yet...could that be what is causing my error ?)

Thanks ! [/b][/quote]

• Command Line issue
            Eric @ SEASH - EVV

Gareth,

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it...I should have guessed it was something as simple as mis-placed spaces.

Thanks again !

Eric