1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Dynamic DataBase

yesb _

Hi

I m using monarch V7. I've a project uses an excel file as data base and returns another excel as output.I m running it through command line statements by creating a batch file . I need to run this project monthly .

The Problem is every time the input database name changes also the work sheet name.i.e every month I'll get a new input excel file with a new name and contains a new worksheet name.How I can  send this new database name and worksheet name through command line arguments to the project???

Thanks

• Dynamic DataBase
          Gareth Horton

See my [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000690"]response[/url]  to your related post.

You should be able to achieve what you need via OLE instead.

Gareth

Originally posted by yesb:

Hi

I m using monarch V7. I've a project uses an excel file as data base and returns another excel as output.I m running it through command line statements by creating a batch file . I need to run this project monthly .

The Problem is every time the input database name changes also the work sheet name.i.e every month I'll get a new input excel file with a new name and contains a new worksheet name.How I can  send this new database name and worksheet name through command line arguments to the project???

Thanks /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 18, 2006, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]