4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Nick Osdale-Popa RSS

Exporting tables >16000 lines via VBA

Wizard _

Working with Monarch v5.0 under XP Pro with Office 2000.

I have the Options->Files & Directories->XLS files set to Excel 8.0.

Using Monarch to export tables to Excel files via VBA - part of a macro that integrates Excel, Monarch, Access and Outlook to send reports nationwide.

Everything works fine till I get to the file with 18K records, where it chokes.

MonarchObj.ExportTable ("C:ExportFile.xls")  produces no file.

Then VBA stops, I switch to Monarch, export the table to the Excel file manually (manually always works just fine), then tell VBA to continue on its merry way.

Is there a setting or something I'm missing?

I've managed a workaround by exporting it to a CSV file, opening it in Excel, fixing the now-missing leading zeros in the Account number column (permanently lost in other columns) then saving it as Excel and closing it - where I rejoin my regularly scheduled program and re-open it immediately. It works, but it is a slow PITA.

Suggestions?  Anyone?  Beuhler?

• Exporting tables >16000 lines via VBA
          Gareth Horton

Hi

It's a limitation of that version.  If you use Monarch 7 Pro, there are new methods JetExportTable/JetExportSummary, which allow exporting 65536 rows (Excel 8.0)

V5 and standard 7 versions only export 16K records (Excel 2.1) with the ExportTable/ExportSummary methods.

Gareth

Originally posted by M Hegge:

Working with Monarch v5.0 under XP Pro with Office 2000.

I have the Options->Files & Directories->XLS files set to Excel 8.0.

Using Monarch to export tables to Excel files via VBA - part of a macro that integrates Excel, Monarch, Access and Outlook to send reports nationwide.

Everything works fine till I get to the file with 18K records, where it chokes.

MonarchObj.ExportTable ("C:ExportFile.xls")  produces no file.

Then VBA stops, I switch to Monarch, export the table to the Excel file manually (manually always works just fine), then tell VBA to continue on its merry way.

Is there a setting or something I'm missing?

I've managed a workaround by exporting it to a CSV file, opening it in Excel, fixing the now-missing leading zeros in the Account number column (permanently lost in other columns) then saving it as Excel and closing it - where I rejoin my regularly scheduled program and re-open it immediately. It works, but it is a slow PITA.

Suggestions?  Anyone?  Beuhler? /b[/quote]

• Exporting tables >16000 lines via VBA
            Wizard _

Gareth -

Thanks... I was afraid of that.

I came up with a workaround so if the export fails ('ExportFile.xls' does not exist), it re-exports it as a CSV file (no line limitations), opens that, adds the leading zeros back into the Account column, saves it as XLS, erases the CSV and continues on its merry way with a song in its heart and s*** on its shoes.

At least it's backward- and forward-compatible so other users in my company don't run into a version conflict.