2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Will Clark Jr RSS

Data Shift Issue

Will Clark Jr

I can't actually post the real data that I'm working with but I'm having an issue that I hope someone here can help me with. I'm using Monarch Pro 8.02 to pull data out of a report from one system that we'll be using to transfer into another system.

I'm able to setup the traps to pull the info I need. The problem I'm having is that when I go into the report view the information is being shifted and I'm not sure why. I'll see if I can code in an example of what I mean.

[font="courier"]| Client Name | Account Number | Court Number | Mailing Address |

XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

YYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYYYY

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

| ZZZZZZZZZZZ | ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ | YYYYYYYYYYYY | YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY |/font[/quote]That is basically what I see in the report window and I'm not sure why it shifted like this. If more info is needed I can try to add more.

• Data Shift Issue
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Will Clark Jr:

[font="courier"]| Client Name | Account Number | Court Number | Mailing Address |

XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

YYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYYYY

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

| ZZZZZZZZZZZ | ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ | YYYYYYYYYYYY | YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY |/font[/quote]That is basically what I see in the report window and I'm not sure why it shifted like this. If more info is needed I can try to add more. /b[/quote]Hi Will and welcome to the forum.

I'll take a guess that the columns are coming from different templates and that you most likely have a mismatch related to where the templates start and end such that some fields associate with the record one down from the one you expect.

If this ALWAYS happens for every record I would look for an append template for which the trap ENDS AFTER the trap for what should be its detail record. IN effect it becomes an append for the next detail record. Rarer would be some sort of problem with a footer append regularly attaching itself to a record to which it does not belong.

The other possibility that comes to mind, if this does NOT occur for every record is some sort of compounding problems - like a missing detail record or more likely I think in this case, if I guess the column derivations correctly, an anomolous append even if it looks like the trap is working.

You should find the answer in the templates somewhere. Just be sure that the DETAIL template is at the lowest data level you require and the the next level up for an append does not have a trap that overlaps the end of the detail trap.

I hope that makes sense. If not can you post an approximate (but not too approximate!) depersonalised version of the report layout and indicate where you have set traps and fields and I will try to be more specific.

HTH.

Grant

• Data Shift Issue
            Will Clark Jr

Ok looks like altering where the detail trap was at fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help on this.