6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Lisa Majors RSS

Monarch Export to Report Layout

Lisa Majors

I have Monarch v7.0. I have created a model for a text file. How can I export this data to a report layout? Does Monarch have the ability to create a report layout for this data? Or do I have to export to Access or Excel?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisa

• Monarch Export to Report Layout
          Grant Perkins

Hi Lisa,

You can export to several different formats - all the popular standards for example.

The Help files are quite comprehensive about this. Run a search for EXPORTS and then have a look at the "Exporting a Table to a new file" subject. That should give you some ideas.

If you want to export what you have created with "report like" headers and footers then you need to think more in terms of using the Print option and perhaps printing to a file rather than a printer. Your purpose for the results will influence which approach you take. However in many respects the format of your extracted text in the table (or summary?) will heavily influence the appearance of you final output.

If the Help information does not help you in this case let us know where it leaves you with more questions and we can try to come up with some extra answers.

Grant

Originally posted by Lisa Majors:

I have Monarch v7.0. I have created a model for a text file. How can I export this data to a report layout? Does Monarch have the ability to create a report layout for this data? Or do I have to export to Access or Excel?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisa /b[/quote]

Lisa Majors

Thank you Grant and Todd for such great information!

I'll try to clarify further what I am trying to do.

I have a text file that I have captured fields into a Monarch table. I have a report format (e.g., layout) from a 3rd party in Excel (I can recreate the report headers, column widths, etc. in Access if this is better).

Now, I am trying to export the Monarch table exactly into the Excel layout. I have thought about copying columns from the Monarch table to the Excel Report, but it seems I should be able to create this same layout in Monarch.

If I could create report headers, column widths, etc. in Monarch, I'd be home free. To state it simply, I am trying to get the raw data I've captured using Monarch and put custom headings on it and print...  :confused:

RalphB _

Lisa, You can try to append your table/report from Monarch to the excel spreadsheet with the headers.  It can be tricky at times as to the number of columns, column formats and column order to get it the way you want but it may be worth trying.

Ralph

Grant Perkins

Hi Lisa,

I will hold my hand up and say I am no Excel expert but I have always suspected that it should be possible to export to Excel and apply a Template to format the result.

You could set up a worksheet with the  header/footer (?) required and then do a lookup for the columns to another worksheet, then populate that sheet with the exported data from Monarch.

On the other hand I am sure some of the programmers in the forum will have a way of activating the Monarch process from within Excel to just read the data right into the worksheet.

Grant

Originally posted by Lisa Majors:

Thank you Grant and Todd for such great information!

I'll try to clarify further what I am trying to do.

I have a text file that I have captured fields into a Monarch table. I have a report format (e.g., layout) from a 3rd party in Excel (I can recreate the report headers, column widths, etc. in Access if this is better).

Now, I am trying to export the Monarch table exactly into the Excel layout. I have thought about copying columns from the Monarch table to the Excel Report, but it seems I should be able to create this same layout in Monarch.

If I could create report headers, column widths, etc. in Monarch, I'd be home free. To state it simply, I am trying to get the raw data I've captured using Monarch and put custom headings on it and print...   :confused:  /b[/quote]

Lisa Majors

Thank you Grant and Ralph for your help.

I like the idea of linking Excel directly to Monarch without exporting...maybe a programmer will read this.

I can do vlookups, but if linking to Monarch is possible, that's definitely less steps.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Lisa

Lisa Majors

Todd,

Thanks for the links! I'll download and see what I can do.

Lisa