2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

HTML as Source

DrGUI _

I'm new here. I am thinking about buying this product because it appears to be able to do what I need for the most part. However, I am interested to know if Monarch can accept a URL and allow you to define a template based on the results from a web site. Specifically, I want to be able to query the local real estate MLS, run a predefined query, then use this as the source to Monarch so that I can extract the data and store into an Acces DB. Then use this Access DB to drive a real estate web site so that the listings are current. Also, can you set up Monarch to run batch at a predefined time (i.e. midnight) to pull the latest info from the MLS? Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any advice.

• HTML as Source
          DrGUI _

Looks like the latest version will do it!

• HTML as Source
            Gareth Horton

Hi

Monarch won't be able to send the URL query string to get the HTML and save it locally, you would need a 3rd party product to do that, but it will be able to open the HTML and export to Access.

Monarch supports command line execution so the rest should be no problem.

Gareth

PS, just remembered you can use  [url="http://curl.haxx.se"]Curl[/url] to do this.

Get the command line tool version.  Also, avoid the SSL version if you don't need SSL, as you need to install OpenSSL as well if you do.

Here is a typical commmand line for Curl

[font="courier"]curl -get -d "q=accountant&lid=17720&jbf571=6&salmin=&salmax=&payg

rademin=&paygrademax=&FedEmp=N&sort=rv&vw=d&brd=3876&ss=0&FedPub=Y&SUBMIT1.x=0&S

UBMIT1.y=0" http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/jobsearch.asp[/url] > test.html  /font[/quote][quote]Originally posted by DrGUI:

I'm new here. I am thinking about buying this product because it appears to be able to do what I need for the most part. However, I am interested to know if Monarch can accept a URL and allow you to define a template based on the results from a web site. Specifically, I want to be able to query the local real estate MLS, run a predefined query, then use this as the source to Monarch so that I can extract the data and store into an Acces DB. Then use this Access DB to drive a real estate web site so that the listings are current. Also, can you set up Monarch to run batch at a predefined time (i.e. midnight) to pull the latest info from the MLS? Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any advice. /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ April 20, 2005, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Gareth Horton ][/size]