2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Can we program Monarch

Joseph Emmanuel

Hi all,

I'm a complete novice at Monarch and we've been asked to investigate the product to see if it has a sort of macro/script language. My company has a requirement to automate Monarch's fucntion. Can anyone help us here.

To give a little more detail, we would like to be able to have an agent/script that is triggered when a client sends us email files, which we need Monarch to automatically filter.?

Any input would be really appreciated

Thanks

Joseph

• Can we program Monarch
          Nick Osdale-Popa

Here's a [url="http://www.datawatch.com/pdf/products/monarch/Monarch_6_Programmers_Guide.pdf"]link[/url]  (PDF) to the Monarch Programmer's Guide, a complete list and guide to the use of Monarch's OLE automation features.

We have a few programmers here using Monarch with VB/VBA (myself included).  If you need specifics, just let us know!

[size="1"][ November 15, 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Nick Osdale-Popa ][/size]

• Can we program Monarch
            Grant Perkins

Hi Joseph,

In addition to Nick's suggestion, if you have quite high volumes of mails (or other documents) to deal with on a regular basis it may be worth checking the functionality of Monarch Data Pump which adds process scheduling and output distribution to Monarch without demanding programming - though you can still program things should you wish to.

Grant

Originally posted by Joseph Emmanuel:

Hi all,

I'm a complete novice at Monarch and we've been asked to investigate the product to see if it has a sort of macro/script language. My company has a requirement to automate Monarch's fucntion. Can anyone help us here.

To give a little more detail, we would like to be able to have an agent/script that is triggered when a client sends us email files, which we need Monarch to automatically filter.?

Any input would be really appreciated

Thanks

Joseph /b[/quote]