1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Database changes with Monarch

ron cousino

Using Monarch Pro 7.2, Windows XP updated with Service Pack 2 and find when do database query Monarch changes the field type from a numeric to a character when the precision is set to 9 or higher in the design view.  It is not feasible to change this to float as suggested by tech support since it will have unforeseen consequences on the rest of our programs and database (and told it would be trial and error).  I found a workaround by exporting as an mdb file and then bringin back into Monarch and then doing my external lookup.  However one of my clients follows the same procedure and when she goes to do the external lookup to the database she gets an error telling her that the dbo is either invalid or missing.  A direct open to that dbo doesn't return the error.  Will the fix be before Version 8 or will it be a 7.0 fix.  Suggestions?

• Database changes with Monarch
          Gareth Horton

Ron

Since you are not having the problem, your client should contact support to try and find out what is going on.

FYI Supporting that level of precision is not going to happen in the near future.

Gareth

Originally posted by ron cousino:

Using Monarch Pro 7.2, Windows XP updated with Service Pack 2 and find when do database query Monarch changes the field type from a numeric to a character when the precision is set to 9 or higher in the design view.  It is not feasible to change this to float as suggested by tech support since it will have unforeseen consequences on the rest of our programs and database (and told it would be trial and error).  I found a workaround by exporting as an mdb file and then bringin back into Monarch and then doing my external lookup.  However one of my clients follows the same procedure and when she goes to do the external lookup to the database she gets an error telling her that the dbo is either invalid or missing.  A direct open to that dbo doesn't return the error.  Will the fix be before Version 8 or will it be a 7.0 fix.  Suggestions? /b[/quote]