1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Multi column template

cara _

I have a report that has 3 columns.  I was able to define the columns with this new feature.  When I start to trap data I have a problem.  The three columns are not always populatedsometimes they are sometimes not.  Is there a way to build a template to accommodate this (an or statement in the filter defining that columns 2 and 3 may or may not be populated?)  Otherwise I am unable to get all the data in one modelit only captures the first column if column 2 and three are populated.  (I had in a previous model of Monarch written three different models to capture all three columns of data.) Thanks.

• Multi column template
          Grant Perkins

Hi Cara,

Assuming all three columns are identical layouts when they exists I suspect you have a problem with the trap line. You only need to define the trap for a 'good' sample line and then only the first column, not the whole width of the report which I waht I suspect you may have done. I have done that myself before now and observed the results you are describing.

Think of the columns as being cut from the page and joined up into one long page column by column.

When you creating the template, with MCR switched on, try ticking the "Multicolumn Design Mode" box in the template defintion window and you should see what I mean on screen.

Also check out the results of a search fo r "multicolumn" in the Help files. Lots of useful tips there.

I hope this helps.

Grant

Originally posted by cara:

I have a report that has 3 columns.  I was able to define the columns with this new feature.  When I start to trap data I have a problem.  The three columns are not always populatedsometimes they are sometimes not.  Is there a way to build a template to accommodate this (an or statement in the filter defining that columns 2 and 3 may or may not be populated?)  Otherwise I am unable to get all the data in one modelit only captures the first column if column 2 and three are populated.  (I had in a previous model of Monarch written three different models to capture all three columns of data.) Thanks. /b[/quote]