4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Steve_P _ RSS

"Project Exports" not an option on the file menu?

Steve_P _

We have two users who are using a project to export an excel file using a command line batch file.  One of the users is able to do this just fine, but the other user seems to be erroring out when the export should be happening.  I opened the project manually, and the user having the problem doesn't have "Project Exports" as an option on his File Menu. 

Both users recently had their computer hardware updated, both to similar machines running Windows XP, Monarch 7.0 Pro, and Office 2003.

Here is the Batch file we are using:

[font="courier"]

copy /y " heauser_dirdataFC@INCOM*" " heauser_dirdataallfiles.txt"

pause

"c:program filesmonarchprogrammonarch.exe" /prj:" heauser_dirprivatebudgetmonarchprojectsfc@incom_daily.prj" /pxall

pause

del " heauser_dirdataFC@INCOM*" /q

/font[/quote]and here is the Project file we are using:

[font="courier"]MFWPRJ01

RheaUSER_DIRdataallfiles.txt

heauser_dirprivatebudgetMonarchModelsFC@INCOM_Daily.mod

date

TRANS_DAIL

?Name=Export1?Extension=xls?Filter=?Sort=?Source=Summary?SumName=trans daily?File= heauser_dirdatafc-incom_import.xls?FileOption=Replace?Table=dailyincome?TableOption=Create?

[/font][/quote]Any help on figuring out why "Project Exports" is not an option would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe there is a registry setting that needs to be edited? or maybe permissions somewhere?  The user has full permissions to the local install folder, and to the network folder where the models/projects are stored.

Thanks!

• "Project Exports" not an option on the file menu?
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Steve_P:

Any help on figuring out why "Project Exports" is not an option would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe there is a registry setting that needs to be edited? or maybe permissions somewhere?  The user has full permissions to the local install folder, and to the network folder where the models/projects are stored.

Thanks! [/b][/quote]Steve,

Permissions will be important to running the process but if the option is missing from the menu that suggests something before that point.

Are you sure both systems have the PRO version installed? As I recall STANDARD does not support project exports.

HTH.

Grant

Steve_P _

Thanks for the quick reply, Grant!  I checked with the users, and got some interesting information. 

When I had the user go into "Help/About", the window that popped up just said Monarch 7.00, and didn't mention anything about "Pro", so I had him grab the original box (yes, we're pack rats), and the original box said "Monarch Pro v7.0", so we popped the installation CD in, and installed using the "Repair Installation" option.  We left all the boxes checked when given the choice, and let the installer do its thing.  It flew right through the install in a matter of seconds.  I closed out the installer, and opened the program again, to find that it still just said "Monarch 7.0", no mention of Pro. 

The user checked the other user's station, and his "Help/About" didn't say anything about "Pro" either (the other user, as you recall, can see the "Project Exports" option in the file menu), so I guess I'm not sure how else to prove that the Pro version was installed, except for looking at what it says on the box?

Thanks for any other ideas you might be able to pass along!

Grant Perkins

Steve,

It all sounds a bit odd.

My V7 installation (admittedly with updates applied but I don't recall that they changed anything realted to this) shows Monrach Pro in the window title bar and Monarch Pro in the 'About' screen.

Did the (0riginal) machines originally have Monarch Standard installed by any chance?

Grant

Steve_P _

Grant - thanks for working us through this.  The user's title bar only said "Monarch", not "Monarch Pro".  We uninstalled the software completely, rebooted, and re-installed the software, and the software seems to have re-installed properly.  He now shows "Monarch Pro" on the title bar, and "Project Exports" now shows up on the "File" Menu.

Thanks again for your help!!