4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Snowflame _ RSS

Selecting Out Duplicates

Snowflame _

I have created a table of machines from a report.  Each machine has a model & serial number.  However some machines have duplicate serial numbers.  Each model should have a unique serial number. How can I filter out just those machines with duplicate serial numbers?

• Selecting Out Duplicates
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Snowflame:

I have created a table of machines from a report.  Each machine has a model & serial number.  However some machines have duplicate serial numbers.  Each model should have a unique serial number. How can I filter out just those machines with duplicate serial numbers? /b[/quote]Do you mean you want extract just the machine records with duplicate serial numbers so you can check the validity of the records in question?

Or do you want to list all lthe records EXCEPT those with duplicate serial numbers?

Or do you want to extract all but ONLY ONE of the records where duplicate serial numbers have been identified?

Whichever, I think a Summary soounds likely - but are you seeking to do something that relates back to the records in the table?

Grant

Grant

Snowflame _

I need to report on any duplicates therefore I need to see only duplicate machines together with other information attached to them.  I can do a summary but not sure how to get it to show only duplicated machines?

Nick Osdale-Popa

Have you tried the Advanced Filter option in the Table Window?

Select Filters, assign a name then select the Advanced Tab.

The third option is called Select all rows for which there are duplicate values for the specified keys[/b] 

Then select the appropriate field.

See if that helps in any way.

Snowflame _

Perfect!!!

Thanks Nick.