6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Summary tab font size

JCC _

I have a summary that contains numerous tabs. I would like to know if the font style and/or size in the tabs can be adjusted? Also, is there a short keyboard stroke combination that quickly allows you to tab from summary to summary similar to the "ctrl + page up/page down" function in excel? I would post a sreen shot of my summary window but I am unsure how to do that in a post. I am using Monarch Pro V 7.00. Thank you.

• Summary tab font size
          JCC _

Has anyone had a chance to take a look at this or have any solutions? I am really stumped on this one and have not found any answers yet. Thanks again for your assistance.    :confused:

• Summary tab font size
            Grant Perkins

I'm not aware of anything for either requirement, sorry.

However I am interested to understand how the problem affects your use of Monarch. Also how you would like to see the two requirements being implemented. (Especially the hot key requirement since most normal options seem to be already allocated to moving around within the summary area and Charts, this presenting an interesting extra challenge!)

Maybe put a suggestion in the list of suggestions for Future Versions?

Grant

• Summary tab font size
              JCC _

Thanks for your input Grant. It would just be a lot easier and faster to get data from each one of the summary tabs to its destination if you could navigate without having to use the mouse to get to each tab. Most of the other functions within Monarch are consistent with most Microsoft products, i.e. ctrlc for copy, ctrlv for paste, and so on. I just think that as versatile as Monarch is that it would at least allow you to go from each summary tab w/o having to use the mouse when everything else you can keystroke. Note, it seems as if ctrl+tab takes you from each of the three main windows of report, table, and summary. So I wonder if there is a different keystroke that goes from summary, tab to tab? So how does one insert an image or screen shot of something from monarch into a message here?

• Summary tab font size
                Nick Osdale-Popa

To address your question regarding screen caps, you would need to use your own hosting site, such as flickr. Then you can link to an image with the [/url] tags, as I believe Datawatch has prohibited the use of the [/img] tags:

[url="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/200/489877006_8b8fe0d923_m.jpg"]My Screen Cap[/url]

Would that work for you?

• Summary tab font size
                  JCC _

That could work, except I was just trying to stay away from incorporating another step or software program that I don't already have. I also do not like traveling on the net if I do not have to at work.

• Summary tab font size
                    Grant Perkins

Originally posted by JCC:

It would just be a lot easier and faster to get data from each one of the summary tabs to its destination if you could navigate without having to use the mouse to get to each tab. Most of the other functions within Monarch are consistent with most Microsoft products, i.e. ctrlc for copy, ctrlv for paste, and so on.  /b[/quote]I take your point although personally I have never found the use fo the mouse to be a problem in the summaries - but then I tend to use the mouse rather than short-cut keys anyway so I guess my opinion on that does not really count!

Seems to be that mostly the logically available key combinations have been used already. Also speed of moving from one window to another may not always offer much benefit - the summary windows are, after all, dynamic and often need to recalculate when opened. On larger reports and databases that may take up to 'quite a while', making the speed of initial display rather unimportant.

No harm in raising the point and asking the question though - you never know when the idea could be picked up!

One thought that struck me just now was whether some automation steps might obviate the need anyway, though I don't really see automation as the obvious way to help with your workflow. But it might!

Grant