4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by SherrieR _ RSS

How to export page header and footer

yesb _

Hi ,

I'm using monarch v7.Any one help me to export into excel with page header and footer.

Thanks in advance

• How to export page header and footer
          Grant Perkins

Are you wanting to add headers and footers of your own, for a summary,  and then export to Excel? If so I am not aware of any way to do that but would be interested to know what purpose you have for it.

If you need to convert and existing report from a text format to Excel (assuming that a direct import to Excel will not produce the desired results) then there are ways to do that depending on what you need to do with the data. For instance do the main detail fields need to be separated into columns as would be normal for an Excel export?

The best approach depends very much on what the original report (I assume it is a report in this case) looks like. For example you could think in terms of a multi stage process where you generate separate models to extract the report Header, detail and Footer eection and export them to their own Excel worksheets and then have a master workshoeet that rebuilds the report by linkking to the others.

A sequential export to the same worksheet using the 'Append to existing worksheet' approach might be an option as well. Extract and create the header section, append the detail then append the footer.

However, Excel being the application it is - a spreadsheet that performs calculations as its core competency - the idea of exporting headers and especially footers as sections rather than as interpreted data seems to be a little out of the ordinary, which was why I asked the question above.

Grant

Originally posted by yesb:

Hi ,

I'm using monarch v7.Any one help me to export into excel with page header and footer.

Thanks in advance /b[/quote]

yesb _

Thanks for your response Grant.

I used File-Page setup (Pagesetup-Table dialog appears) option to set header and footer.I'm able to see header and footer in monarch File-print priview.

While xporting this table to excel , header and footer values were not exported into excel file.

hope u got understtod my question.

Grant Perkins

OK.

The reasons is, as I understand it, that most reports are expected to have headers (Titles, dates and so on) and maybe footers but export to 'database' programs like Excel, Lotus, Access, Dbase and similar would not normally have headers and footers.

For example while you can import a text document fo Excel you get some odd results and for most things text documents are better handled in Word Processor applications.

That does not mean that you cannot export the text as it was to Excel - you can - but it may not be very useful or ligical to do so most of the time.

I suppose you could print to a report file from Monarch, with headers and footers, and then use Monarch to read it and produce an export to Excel.

But do you need to do that sort of thing to satisfy the business requirement?

Grant

Originally posted by yesb:

Thanks for your response Grant.

I used File-Page setup (Pagesetup-Table dialog appears) option to set header and footer.I'm able to see header and footer in monarch File-print priview.

While xporting this table to excel , header and footer values were not exported into excel file.

hope u got understtod my question. /b[/quote]

SherrieR _

I need help with this as well.  I am trying to export to .txt file for data transmission & upload.  Header is required.