4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by cardealers _ RSS

0 records exported for each 'filter'

yesb _

Hi,

I m using monarch v7.

I've a project contains more than a dozen filters.

I created an export and this export is runnnig 

fine when I run from monarch 'project Exports -

Run' .

But When I m executing .prj file from command

prompt by the following statement

Monarch /prj:"D:monarch     est.prj" /T /pxall[/b]

Its exporting 0 records to each sheet/filter.

What is wrong with my command line statement??

Thanks

• 0 records exported for each 'filter'
          Grant Perkins

Assuming that the basic checks show that the automated project is opening the correct file/database and applying the correct model with useful filters the only other thing I can think is that the /T is slightly irrelevant since the /pxall would be seeking to export all exports defined in the .prj file anyway, irrespective of whether they are defined for the Table or the Summaries.

You can override that by specifying a particular export or exports if you have a mix of exports from the table and summaries but only want the table exports on this occasion.

The quick test is to try it without the /T and see what happens. Be sure theat the .prj file is saved in the latest incarnation before anything else though.

Grant

Originally posted by yesb:

Hi,

I m using monarch v7.

I've a project contains more than a dozen filters.

I created an export and this export is runnnig 

fine when I run from monarch 'project Exports -

Run' .

But When I m executing .prj file from command

prompt by the following statement

Monarch /prj:"D:monarch     est.prj" /T /pxall[/b]

Its exporting 0 records to each sheet/filter.

What is wrong with my command line statement??

Thanks /b[/quote]

cardealers _

Grant, it is interesting to see this question come up again.  I asked the same question about a year ago and it took two or three iterations to get all my questions answered and getting my batch file set up correctly.  Is there any way to list some indepth anwsers for running projects from a command line or batch file?  Maybe in the FAQ.

Paul

Grant Perkins

Paul,

I think that is a great idea especially if we could collect experiences from forum members on the basis of

This was what we wanted to do;

This was the problem (list?) we had to solve;

Here is an example of how we got it to work.

I'm sure that we could then arrange with Mike or Gareth to make the results prominently available in a suitable place in the forums.

I have to say that whilst I have used scripts from time to time in the past, I don't have much demand to get involved with them at the moment. So I am probably not in a position to assess the ideas offered in terms of how useful or appropriate they are. Maybe we should not try to do that anyway!

I think V7 and then 7.01 added quite a few extra combinations to the possibilities for scripted automation so the time is right, in my opinion, to offer some examples beyond those ideas offered in the help files. (Although at the moment I always tend to re-read those sections if I am looking to produce an automated process!)

What do people think?

Grant

Originally posted by cardealers:

Grant, it is interesting to see this question come up again.  I asked the same question about a year ago and it took two or three iterations to get all my questions answered and getting my batch file set up correctly.  Is there any way to list some indepth anwsers for running projects from a command line or batch file?  Maybe in the FAQ.

Paul /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ November 08, 2004, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

cardealers _

Grant,

That is a great idea.  We just need to gather info and let other users know.  I will try and find some of my old posts.

Feel free to contact me at my email address.

Paul