4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:53 AM by Dee Moore RSS

Japanese Language Display

Amit _

Hello Readers,

I just got a trial version of Monarch 8.0. Trying to import some reports with Japanese language charcters (double bytes). Has anyone ever experienced importing any report with multi byte character set? If yes I would need some guidance since I cannot upload and view Japanese language reports on Monarch properly.

Look forward to your replies.

• Japanese Language Display
          Amit _

Hello

Please advise if anyone has experience of similar situations.

Thanks

Originally posted by Amit:

Hello Readers,

I just got a trial version of Monarch 8.0. Trying to import some reports with Japanese language charcters (double bytes). Has anyone ever experienced importing any report with multi byte character set? If yes I would need some guidance since I cannot upload and view Japanese language reports on Monarch properly.

Look forward to your replies. /b[/quote]

Dee Moore

Hi Amit,

Sorry, at this point in time, Monarch does not support Double Byte Characters.

Regards,

Dee Moore

Datawatch Tech Support

Amit _

Thanks for your reply Dee.

Is there any plan to implement Double Byte charcter support in Monarch?

BTW I can import the double byte character as database. If you want to see a screenshot I can send it to you.

Please advise.

Thanks

Amit

Dee Moore

Hi Amit,

The reason you can see the characters in the Table Window by opening a Database is because the Table Window supports multiple types of Fonts.

The Report Window supports only Mono-Spaced Fonts (Fixed Width) which are Single Byte Characters.

Whether Monarch will support Double Byte Font in the future is unknown at this time.

Regards,

Dee Moore

Datawatch Tech Support