2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Mike Urbonas RSS

How Do You Separate Reports In a Certegy E-Reports Bundle?

jjmule _

We have recently outsourced to Certegy and were advised (by Certegy) to use the Monarch product for our report/data mining (we are also new to Monarch as well). One of the problems we're having is that the daily reports are delivered via a product called E-Reports and are in "bundles" of .PRF files. Specifically, when I create a model off of a report and run it - the results seem to "cascade" down through the entire reports bundle! Obviously, we're not getting the results we're looking for. How would I "separate" the individual reports in the bundle so that when I run my model it only goes against that 1 individual report?

• How Do You Separate Reports In a Certegy E-Reports Bundle?
          Gareth Horton

Hi,

I spoke to Certegy and they have a dedicated support line for E-Reports (which I got through to with no waiting!)

The number to call is

1-800 238 2827 x27400

For your specific issue, choose option 2

Gareth

Originally posted by jjmule:

We have recently outsourced to Certegy and were advised (by Certegy) to use the Monarch product for our report/data mining (we are also new to Monarch as well). One of the problems we're having is that the daily reports are delivered via a product called E-Reports and are in "bundles" of .PRF files. Specifically, when I create a model off of a report and run it - the results seem to "cascade" down through the entire reports bundle! Obviously, we're not getting the results we're looking for. How would I "separate" the individual reports in the bundle so that when I run my model it only goes against that 1 individual report? /b[/quote]

• How Do You Separate Reports In a Certegy E-Reports Bundle?
            Mike Urbonas

You should able to open the PRF file in WinZip and extract the reports from there.  When you are in WinZip and you select Open Archive..., simply select All Files . as the Files of Type (as opposed to searching only for .ZIP files).

The Portable Report Format (PRF) utilizes WinZip technology for file compression.