3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

New Monarch install

mdbasanus _

I am looking at purchasing Monarch Pro v7 for my company.  We have 4-5 executive management users that are sophisticated enough to create their own templates and reports, but will not want to spend too much time running reports on a daily basis.  Instead, we plan to have administrative employees run the daily reports and provide them to management.  Do both types of users need the same product/license?  Or is there a less-robust product that could be used to generate the daily reports once they have been created with Monarch Pro v7?

• New Monarch install
          mdbasanus _

I am looking at purchasing Monarch Pro v7 for my company.  We have 4-5 executive management users that are sophisticated enough to create their own templates and reports, but will not want to spend too much time running reports on a daily basis.  Instead, we plan to have administrative employees run the daily reports and provide them to management.  Do both types of users need the same product/license?  Or is there a less-robust product that could be used to generate the daily reports once they have been created with Monarch Pro v7?

• New Monarch install
            Grant Perkins

The Project Export functionality in 7 Pro may be a big benefit here and allow the main exec users to produce their own reports much more quickly than previously.

Failing that the processes could be put into batch jobs (simple dos like scripts or some vba code) and perhaps scheduled for automated production.

Moving on from there it sound like the production effort will still occupy some staff time with associated costs so it might be worth running a quick costing exercise and consider whether Monarch Data Pump 7 could provide a rapid return on investment by automating the process further.

Other than that your only option for reducing costs (Standard Monarch) also reduces functionality. It is possible that would be OK for the reports your people produce but you need to consider carefully.

I hope these ideas will help a little.

Grant

Originally posted by mdbasanus:

I am looking at purchasing Monarch Pro v7 for my company.  We have 4-5 executive management users that are sophisticated enough to create their own templates and reports, but will not want to spend too much time running reports on a daily basis.  Instead, we plan to have administrative employees run the daily reports and provide them to management.  Do both types of users need the same product/license?  Or is there a less-robust product that could be used to generate the daily reports once they have been created with Monarch Pro v7? /b[/quote]

• New Monarch install
              Grant Perkins

The Project Export functionality in 7 Pro may be a big benefit here and allow the main exec users to produce their own reports much more quickly than previously.

Failing that the processes could be put into batch jobs (simple dos like scripts or some vba code) and perhaps scheduled for automated production.

Moving on from there it sound like the production effort will still occupy some staff time with associated costs so it might be worth running a quick costing exercise and consider whether Monarch Data Pump 7 could provide a rapid return on investment by automating the process further.

Other than that your only option for reducing costs (Standard Monarch) also reduces functionality. It is possible that would be OK for the reports your people produce but you need to consider carefully.

I hope these ideas will help a little.

Grant

Originally posted by mdbasanus:

I am looking at purchasing Monarch Pro v7 for my company.  We have 4-5 executive management users that are sophisticated enough to create their own templates and reports, but will not want to spend too much time running reports on a daily basis.  Instead, we plan to have administrative employees run the daily reports and provide them to management.  Do both types of users need the same product/license?  Or is there a less-robust product that could be used to generate the daily reports once they have been created with Monarch Pro v7? /b[/quote]