9 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Converting Julian Date

imindallastx _

I'm using version 7 of monarch and I'm trying to covert a julian date to date.  The instructions aren't really clear on how to do this function so I was wondering if I could receive some help.

Thanks,

Angela

• Converting Julian Date
          imindallastx _

I'm using version 7 of monarch and I'm trying to covert a julian date to date.  The instructions aren't really clear on how to do this function so I was wondering if I could receive some help.

Thanks,

Angela

• Converting Julian Date
            imindallastx _

I tried that but I keep on getting an "Operand types" error message.

The instructions are good all the way up to the JulianToDate portion then I select the name of my field to convert then I get that error message.

• Converting Julian Date
              imindallastx _

I tried that but I keep on getting an "Operand types" error message.

The instructions are good all the way up to the JulianToDate portion then I select the name of my field to convert then I get that error message.

• Converting Julian Date
                imindallastx _

I followed the directions from start to finish and had another monarch user to try it too with the same results.  What now?

Signed Discouraged   

• Converting Julian Date
                  imindallastx _

I followed the directions from start to finish and had another monarch user to try it too with the same results.  What now?

Signed Discouraged   

• Converting Julian Date
                    Grant Perkins

Angela,

Can you provide the following;

The information about the type of the field, sizes and so on,  in which your Julian date is stored ready for conversion/

The number that is the Julian date you wish to convert.

With that we can have a go at reproducing the problem.

An operand type error typically means that the function the formula is trying to use is not appropriate or the type of field you are trying to use it on. We need to work out what this means in your case.

HTH.

Grant

Edit - Ah, parallel posting. Can you still provide a sample of the Julian Date string you are trying to convert please?

• Converting Julian Date
                      imindallastx _

I just thought of something that may help.  I'm posting the formula so you can check it out to see what I'm doing wrong.

The expression is:  Date/Type

This is the function I chose and the brackets is the name of my field.

JulianToDate()

• Converting Julian Date
                        Grant Perkins

Angela,

Can you provide the following;

The information about the type of the field, sizes and so on,  in which your Julian date is stored ready for conversion/

The number that is the Julian date you wish to convert.

With that we can have a go at reproducing the problem.

An operand type error typically means that the function the formula is trying to use is not appropriate or the type of field you are trying to use it on. We need to work out what this means in your case.

HTH.

Grant

Edit - Ah, parallel posting. Can you still provide a sample of the Julian Date string you are trying to convert please?

• Converting Julian Date
                          imindallastx _

I just thought of something that may help.  I'm posting the formula so you can check it out to see what I'm doing wrong.

The expression is:  Date/Type

This is the function I chose and the brackets is the name of my field.

JulianToDate()