3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Backword Integration

baghu _

Hello,

We are using Monarch Pro 8 and we have the following issue.

From our various branch offices, financial reports will be generated on a weekly, monthly basis. Using the financial data we need to generate the reports for top level management. We have created the standard template, in which we will just plug in the new financial data. This is becoming a difficult task, as we need to enter too many numbers in the standard template.

We have used monarch for converting the standard template into excel sheet. Now, if we change the finanical data in the excel (table window), I should update the data into the reports (text file).

I think I've explained the issue in detail. If some one could give me a solution for this it would be wonderful.

Thanks and Regards

Baghavathy

• Backword Integration
          baghu _

Hello,

We are using Monarch Pro 8 and we have the following issue.

From our various branch offices, financial reports will be generated on a weekly, monthly basis. Using the financial data we need to generate the reports for top level management. We have created the standard template, in which we will just plug in the new financial data. This is becoming a difficult task, as we need to enter too many numbers in the standard template.

We have used monarch for converting the standard template into excel sheet. Now, if we change the finanical data in the excel (table window), I should update the data into the reports (text file).

I think I've explained the issue in detail. If some one could give me a solution for this it would be wonderful.

Thanks and Regards

Baghavathy

• Backword Integration
            Grant Perkins

Originally posted by baghu:

We have created the standard template, in which we will just plug in the new financial data. This is becoming a difficult task, as we need to enter too many numbers in the standard template.

/b[/quote]Are you using some variable data which is prepared in a 'list' for each run of the report and does not come from the report itself (or any other report ...)? LIke currency exchange rates for example?

If so You could do well to consider either the internal lookup table functionality within the model (simply paste the current required values into the model table before running the model.) or, probably better, use an external lookup (from the Excel sheet?) to perform the same function which would mean the model does not have to be amended each time.

If I have understood your need correctly I would use the external lookup option either from Excel OR from a simple easy to maintain text file which could be accessible to all models now and in the future.

I hope this helps in some way.

Grant

• Backword Integration
              Grant Perkins

Originally posted by baghu:

We have created the standard template, in which we will just plug in the new financial data. This is becoming a difficult task, as we need to enter too many numbers in the standard template.

/b[/quote]Are you using some variable data which is prepared in a 'list' for each run of the report and does not come from the report itself (or any other report ...)? LIke currency exchange rates for example?

If so You could do well to consider either the internal lookup table functionality within the model (simply paste the current required values into the model table before running the model.) or, probably better, use an external lookup (from the Excel sheet?) to perform the same function which would mean the model does not have to be amended each time.

If I have understood your need correctly I would use the external lookup option either from Excel OR from a simple easy to maintain text file which could be accessible to all models now and in the future.

I hope this helps in some way.

Grant