5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Steve Caiels RSS

    weird problem

    subrama6 _

      Hello all,

       

      A few months ago, I took a monthly file that we get and made a Monarch model to strip out some detail.  Nothing too complicated, just a detail and 4 appends.  It worked great.  I haven't really used it since then, and today found out that I need to run the model again.  So I pulled up my file, and my model, went to the table window, and there's nothing there.  The column headings are there, but none of the entries appear.  But in the report view, I can see all the data highlighted.  What's even more strange is when I run the model on reports from other months, it works fine.  It's this particular month.  I'm not too familiar with Monarch, and I'm wondering if there's any settings I can check or processes I can follow to help debug this erratic behavior.  I'm using 6.0 pro.

       

      Thanks in advance

        • weird problem
          subrama6 _

          Hello all,

           

          A few months ago, I took a monthly file that we get and made a Monarch model to strip out some detail.  Nothing too complicated, just a detail and 4 appends.  It worked great.  I haven't really used it since then, and today found out that I need to run the model again.  So I pulled up my file, and my model, went to the table window, and there's nothing there.  The column headings are there, but none of the entries appear.  But in the report view, I can see all the data highlighted.  What's even more strange is when I run the model on reports from other months, it works fine.  It's this particular month.  I'm not too familiar with Monarch, and I'm wondering if there's any settings I can check or processes I can follow to help debug this erratic behavior.  I'm using 6.0 pro.

           

          Thanks in advance

          • weird problem
            Grant Perkins

            A couple of ideas for things to eliminate.

             

            1. Any filters in use?

             

            2. Are you sure that the detail lines are being correctly identified when you look at the report view? If there is something different about this particular file maybe the trap is not working as expected but something else might be 'greying' the detail areas on screen.

             

            Both ideas probably wide of the mark but you neven know what other ideas might come up as you check them.

             

            Grant

             

            Originally posted by subrama6:

            Hello all,

             

            A few months ago, I took a monthly file that we get and made a Monarch model to strip out some detail.  Nothing too complicated, just a detail and 4 appends.  It worked great.  I haven't really used it since then, and today found out that I need to run the model again.  So I pulled up my file, and my model, went to the table window, and there's nothing there.  The column headings are there, but none of the entries appear.  But in the report view, I can see all the data highlighted.  What's even more strange is when I run the model on reports from other months, it works fine.  It's this particular month.  I'm not too familiar with Monarch, and I'm wondering if there's any settings I can check or processes I can follow to help debug this erratic behavior.  I'm using 6.0 pro.

             

            Thanks in advance /b[/quote]

            • weird problem
              Grant Perkins

              A couple of ideas for things to eliminate.

               

              1. Any filters in use?

               

              2. Are you sure that the detail lines are being correctly identified when you look at the report view? If there is something different about this particular file maybe the trap is not working as expected but something else might be 'greying' the detail areas on screen.

               

              Both ideas probably wide of the mark but you neven know what other ideas might come up as you check them.

               

              Grant

               

              Originally posted by subrama6:

              Hello all,

               

              A few months ago, I took a monthly file that we get and made a Monarch model to strip out some detail.  Nothing too complicated, just a detail and 4 appends.  It worked great.  I haven't really used it since then, and today found out that I need to run the model again.  So I pulled up my file, and my model, went to the table window, and there's nothing there.  The column headings are there, but none of the entries appear.  But in the report view, I can see all the data highlighted.  What's even more strange is when I run the model on reports from other months, it works fine.  It's this particular month.  I'm not too familiar with Monarch, and I'm wondering if there's any settings I can check or processes I can follow to help debug this erratic behavior.  I'm using 6.0 pro.

               

              Thanks in advance /b[/quote]

              • weird problem
                Steve Caiels

                Hi,

                 

                I agree with Grant that checking for filters and the detail template are the first place to look, but also try ticking (or unticking!) the "Ignore unused Print Control Characters" under the Options-Input menu in Monarch.  That may show something up.

                 

                Regards

                Steve

                • weird problem
                  Steve Caiels

                  Hi,

                   

                  I agree with Grant that checking for filters and the detail template are the first place to look, but also try ticking (or unticking!) the "Ignore unused Print Control Characters" under the Options-Input menu in Monarch.  That may show something up.

                   

                  Regards

                  Steve