7 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Bizarre Model Problem

Brad Shipman

I have a model that I've been using for many months and never had a problem until just recently.

This model is applied to 4 text files opened in the same window and creates about 75 fields.  The number of records created initially was about 200,000, but as we have added more files to our system, the number of records is now about 265,000.

Here is the bizarre thing: when using this model earlier this month, at a certain point in the records (about 50,000 records down and maybe 20 columns in) the data for a set of cells duplicated itself in the following record.  The result was that the data for all of the rest of the records also got knocked down 1 row. 

For example, say the data should be:

1  A  B  C  D  E  

2  F  G  H  I  J

3  K  L  M  N  O

4  P  Q  R  S  T

5  U  V  W  X  Y

6  Z  A  B  C  D

The model presents the data as

1  A  B  C  D  E  

2  F  G  H  I  J

3  K  L  H  I  J

4  P  Q  M  N  O

5  U  V  R  S  T

6  Z  A  W  X  Y

There are two templates in this model, 1 detail and 1 footer.  The breakdown in the data occurred at the first column of the detail. 

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

• Bizarre Model Problem
          Brad Shipman

I have a model that I've been using for many months and never had a problem until just recently.

This model is applied to 4 text files opened in the same window and creates about 75 fields.  The number of records created initially was about 200,000, but as we have added more files to our system, the number of records is now about 265,000.

Here is the bizarre thing: when using this model earlier this month, at a certain point in the records (about 50,000 records down and maybe 20 columns in) the data for a set of cells duplicated itself in the following record.  The result was that the data for all of the rest of the records also got knocked down 1 row. 

For example, say the data should be:

1  A  B  C  D  E  

2  F  G  H  I  J

3  K  L  M  N  O

4  P  Q  R  S  T

5  U  V  W  X  Y

6  Z  A  B  C  D

The model presents the data as

1  A  B  C  D  E  

2  F  G  H  I  J

3  K  L  H  I  J

4  P  Q  M  N  O

5  U  V  R  S  T

6  Z  A  W  X  Y

There are two templates in this model, 1 detail and 1 footer.  The breakdown in the data occurred at the first column of the detail. 

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

• Bizarre Model Problem
            Dee Moore

Hi Brad,

You did not mention which version of Monarch you are using........

There was a Bug in a previous version that would duplicate records in large files.

This has been fixed in the current Monarch 8 versions.

Regards,

Dee Moore

Datawatch Tech Support

• Bizarre Model Problem
              Dee Moore

Hi Brad,

You did not mention which version of Monarch you are using........

There was a Bug in a previous version that would duplicate records in large files.

This has been fixed in the current Monarch 8 versions.

Regards,

Dee Moore

Datawatch Tech Support

• Bizarre Model Problem
                Brad Shipman

It is version 8.02.

Edited: The model was originally created in version 7 as a .mod.  Changes have been made since we upgraded and the new model is of course saved as an .xmod.  Could this still cause a problem?

• Bizarre Model Problem
                  Brad Shipman

It is version 8.02.

Edited: The model was originally created in version 7 as a .mod.  Changes have been made since we upgraded and the new model is of course saved as an .xmod.  Could this still cause a problem?

• Bizarre Model Problem
                    Grant Perkins

Brad,

Does the onset of the problem coincide in any way with the use of V8 rather than V7? (I'm guessing not but best to check.)

Does the data field columns that duplicate come from only the footer, only the detail or a mixture of both?

Given that you are using 8.02 and that I have run successfully run models for much larger number of rows and about the same number of fields (though not necessarily using the multiple reports scenario in the same way) I am wondering whether you are seeing the results of some peculiar anomaly in the source reports rather than an internal processing problem. I guess you have already checked that though?

Grant

• Bizarre Model Problem
                      Grant Perkins

Brad,

Does the onset of the problem coincide in any way with the use of V8 rather than V7? (I'm guessing not but best to check.)

Does the data field columns that duplicate come from only the footer, only the detail or a mixture of both?

Given that you are using 8.02 and that I have run successfully run models for much larger number of rows and about the same number of fields (though not necessarily using the multiple reports scenario in the same way) I am wondering whether you are seeing the results of some peculiar anomaly in the source reports rather than an internal processing problem. I guess you have already checked that though?

Grant