11 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Nick Osdale-Popa RSS

Filtering most recent dates

Phillip _

Hi

I have lists of dated transactions related to multiple instances of the same item code numbers. I need to find the most recent instance by date. How can I filter the date to show only the most recent item please?

Thanks

PhillipS

• Filtering most recent dates
          Phillip _

Hi

I have lists of dated transactions related to multiple instances of the same item code numbers. I need to find the most recent instance by date. How can I filter the date to show only the most recent item please?

Thanks

PhillipS

Steve Caiels

Hi,

I hope you have V7?

If so, you can do this in the advanced tab of the filter.

You need to the table by item code then descending date as a 2nd level.  Then create a filter showing only those records that are unique with respect to item code.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Caiels

Hi,

I hope you have V7?

If so, you can do this in the advanced tab of the filter.

You need to the table by item code then descending date as a 2nd level.  Then create a filter showing only those records that are unique with respect to item code.

Cheers

Steve

Phillip _

Thanks Steve, this is very interesting.

However, despite sorting by item and then by descending date the result shows the oldest date not the most recent.

Unfortunatly the same thing happens when sorting dates ascending.

Is this anything to do with the English date format of DD/MM/YYYY ?

Phillip

Phillip _

Thanks Steve, this is very interesting.

However, despite sorting by item and then by descending date the result shows the oldest date not the most recent.

Unfortunatly the same thing happens when sorting dates ascending.

Is this anything to do with the English date format of DD/MM/YYYY ?

Phillip

Steve Caiels

Hi,

I've just tried it, and you're right.  I don't think it is an issue with the UK date format.

There is a workaround if you have Monarch Pro. You could sort the table as required, export as a database format (Excel, Access etc) then join it back in on the ID.  You'll get a warning that the database contains multiple matches for each ID and the join will bring in the first match. This will be the most recent date. You could then filter on unique ID and hide the original date column.

Regards

Steve.

Steve Caiels

Hi,

I've just tried it, and you're right.  I don't think it is an issue with the UK date format.

There is a workaround if you have Monarch Pro. You could sort the table as required, export as a database format (Excel, Access etc) then join it back in on the ID.  You'll get a warning that the database contains multiple matches for each ID and the join will bring in the first match. This will be the most recent date. You could then filter on unique ID and hide the original date column.

Regards

Steve.

tcorley _

Sort By Date then filter rowno() = 1

tcorley _

Sort By Date then filter rowno() = 1

Nick Osdale-Popa

Originally posted by tcorley:

Sort By Date then filter rowno() = 1 /b[/quote]That won't work:

A filter may not depend on the Rowno() function either directly or indirectly.

Nick Osdale-Popa

Originally posted by tcorley:

Sort By Date then filter rowno() = 1 /b[/quote]That won't work:

A filter may not depend on the Rowno() function either directly or indirectly.