7 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by meehflower _ RSS

multiple filters

meehflower _

Is it possible to have multiple filters for one table?  There are certain dates and strings that I need to extract and export to an excel spreadsheet.  The current table looks like this:

Productiondate   CPUname   Starttimes   Startdate

I need to extract data from a certain Productiondate and leave out certain CPUname that is not needed for the report.  Please advise

• multiple filters
          meehflower _

Is it possible to have multiple filters for one table?  There are certain dates and strings that I need to extract and export to an excel spreadsheet.  The current table looks like this:

I need to extract data from a certain Productiondate and leave out certain CPUname that is not needed for the report.  Please advise

• multiple filters
            Nigel Winton

You can use more than one criteria in a single filter by using the .AND. and the .OR. within the filter. So you should be able to say dates = to ??? .and. CPU <> ???.

Nigel

• multiple filters
              Nigel Winton

You can use more than one criteria in a single filter by using the .AND. and the .OR. within the filter. So you should be able to say dates = to ??? .and. CPU <> ???.

Nigel

• multiple filters
                Grant Perkins

You will need to define the rules in a single filter, though you could use separate filters to check each part works as you expect before combining them into the final formula.

Something like

<date filter formula> .AND.(CPUname_field .NOT."CPUname")

Dates can be interesting to deal with especially if you are not simply looking for "greater than" or "less than" values.

I would recommend the Help files which explain all the relevant commands and functions for whichever version of Monarch you are using for the task.

I hope this is helpful.

Grant

Originally posted by meehflower:

I need to extract data from a certain Productiondate and leave out certain CPUname that is not needed for the report.  Please advise /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ September 21, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

• multiple filters
                  Grant Perkins

You will need to define the rules in a single filter, though you could use separate filters to check each part works as you expect before combining them into the final formula.

Something like

<date filter formula> .AND.(CPUname_field .NOT."CPUname")

Dates can be interesting to deal with especially if you are not simply looking for "greater than" or "less than" values.

I would recommend the Help files which explain all the relevant commands and functions for whichever version of Monarch you are using for the task.

I hope this is helpful.

Grant

Originally posted by meehflower:

I need to extract data from a certain Productiondate and leave out certain CPUname that is not needed for the report.  Please advise /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ September 21, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

• multiple filters
                    meehflower _

thanks!

• multiple filters
                      meehflower _

thanks!