9 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Dee Moore RSS

Unable to export to Excel

mike m

I recently loaded Monarch v.7 pro onto my new laptop.  Everything seems to be working fine except when I try to export to Excel I get an error message "Cannot open file C:/pathname...".

I have used this program for a while on my desktop without any problems but I can't figure out what is different.  Can anyone tell me what settings I need to change on my laptop to fix this?

• Unable to export to Excel
          mike m

I recently loaded Monarch v.7 pro onto my new laptop.  Everything seems to be working fine except when I try to export to Excel I get an error message "Cannot open file C:/pathname...".

I have used this program for a while on my desktop without any problems but I can't figure out what is different.  Can anyone tell me what settings I need to change on my laptop to fix this?

Nick Osdale-Popa

Is that a typo, or is that the error?  If that's the error, the correct syntax is:

C:PathnameFilename

Otherwise, be sure that the exported file is not currently opened by Excel.  Monarch has to have exclusive access to the file in order to write to it.

Nick Osdale-Popa

Is that a typo, or is that the error?  If that's the error, the correct syntax is:

C:PathnameFilename

Otherwise, be sure that the exported file is not currently opened by Excel.  Monarch has to have exclusive access to the file in order to write to it.

mike m

You're right about the syntax I failed to type it correctly in the post.  When exporting to excel it is creating a new excel workbook so Monarch would have exclusive access.  I am doing the same process in exporting to excel on my laptop that have done repeatedly on my desktop.  The desktop app works perfectly but the laptop does not.

mike m

You're right about the syntax I failed to type it correctly in the post.  When exporting to excel it is creating a new excel workbook so Monarch would have exclusive access.  I am doing the same process in exporting to excel on my laptop that have done repeatedly on my desktop.  The desktop app works perfectly but the laptop does not.

aardvark _

I wonder if Monarch is looking for a folder that exists on the desktop but not on the laptop.  Do you have the same folder structure on both machines?  Are the folder names spelled exactly the same?  That might be the source of the error.

aardvark _

I wonder if Monarch is looking for a folder that exists on the desktop but not on the laptop.  Do you have the same folder structure on both machines?  Are the folder names spelled exactly the same?  That might be the source of the error.

Dee Moore

In XP, depending on the rest of the environment variables and permissions, the My Documents directory is protected by Windows Security. This is a Default export directory for Windows applications.

Create a new folder (My Exports) under My Documents or export to another directory.

Regards,

Dee

Dee Moore

In XP, depending on the rest of the environment variables and permissions, the My Documents directory is protected by Windows Security. This is a Default export directory for Windows applications.

Create a new folder (My Exports) under My Documents or export to another directory.

Regards,

Dee