5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by MarkG-YYZ _ RSS

Filtering Asterisks -

MarkG-YYZ _

Hello; 

I'm currently on V5.00 (asking my IS team to updgrad to V7..)anyway;

I have a report where date columns will either contain a date (dd/mm) or it will contain a series of 5 characters representing no date (ie. ---).

I'm trying to create a filter that selects a field (Arrival Date)where Arrival Date="---" but the asterisk seems to be throwing Monarch off it's "logic" and the asterisk is overriding the text (quotation)logic.  Is this a result of V5?  Is an upgrade necessary, or does anyone know of a way around this?

Thank-you.

MarkG.

• Filtering Asterisks -
          MarkG-YYZ _

Hello; 

I have a report where date columns will either contain a date (dd/mm) or it will contain a series of 5 characters representing no date (ie. ---).

I'm trying to create a filter that selects a field (Arrival Date)where Arrival Date="---" but the asterisk seems to be throwing Monarch off it's "logic" and the asterisk is overriding the text (quotation)logic.  Is this a result of V5?  Is an upgrade necessary, or does anyone know of a way around this?

Thank-you.

MarkG.

• Filtering Asterisks -
            Grant Perkins

Hi Mark

Have a look  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000385#000004"]here[/url] for a problem that is similar enough to be helpful to you.

Another approach might be to filter using a formula such as

substr(,2,3)="---"

or perhaps

instr("-",[date field])>0

or

instr("/",[date field])=0

I haven't specifically experimented with these so may have the formula a little wrong for your purposes but they may suggest some useful approaches for you to check out.

Have fun.

Grant

Originally posted by MarkG-YYZ:

Hello; 

Thank-you.

MarkG. /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 19, 2006, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]

• Filtering Asterisks -
              Grant Perkins

Hi Mark

Have a look  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000385#000004"]here[/url] for a problem that is similar enough to be helpful to you.

Another approach might be to filter using a formula such as

substr(,2,3)="---"

or perhaps

instr("-",[date field])>0

or

instr("/",[date field])=0

I haven't specifically experimented with these so may have the formula a little wrong for your purposes but they may suggest some useful approaches for you to check out.

Have fun.

Grant

Originally posted by MarkG-YYZ:

Hello; 

Thank-you.

MarkG. /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 19, 2006, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]

• Filtering Asterisks -
                MarkG-YYZ _

Thank-you, Grant!  Worked like a charm.

I used the substr formula.

Mark.

• Filtering Asterisks -
                  MarkG-YYZ _

Thank-you, Grant!  Worked like a charm.

I used the substr formula.

Mark.