3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by RalphB _ RSS

Filtering on no date

ron cousino

I need to filter out data based on the fact that a date (expressed as a numeric 20060101) does not exist.  i.e.  if there is no value in the date field then I want those data elements.  The field properties are Numeric, General.  I am using Monarch Pro 8.2.  Is there a general rule to follow if trying to filter based on nulls.  If I create an if statement I can gerryrig but don't like that approach.

• Filtering on no date
          ron cousino

I need to filter out data based on the fact that a date (expressed as a numeric 20060101) does not exist.  i.e.  if there is no value in the date field then I want those data elements.  The field properties are Numeric, General.  I am using Monarch Pro 8.2.  Is there a general rule to follow if trying to filter based on nulls.  If I create an if statement I can gerryrig but don't like that approach.

• Filtering on no date
            RalphB _

Ron, Have you tried using the IsNull function in the filter statement itself?

You could try IsNull(DateCol)=0 which will select all records that do not have Null values in the DateCol field.

If that doesn't work, you could try the IsBlank()or IsEmpty() function as well.

Ralph

• Filtering on no date
              RalphB _

Ron, Have you tried using the IsNull function in the filter statement itself?

You could try IsNull(DateCol)=0 which will select all records that do not have Null values in the DateCol field.

If that doesn't work, you could try the IsBlank()or IsEmpty() function as well.

Ralph